Dog Forum banner

Old Dogs need help desperately!!!

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Jaavik 
#1 ·
I want to preface this by saying although I'm asking for help for a friend of mine (and some friends to ALL of us), I'm NOT asking for money! Just a mere few seconds of your time.

One of my closest friends works at "The Old Dog House" (Facebook page). They are a nonprofit 501(c)(3) public charity in Jacksonville, FL focused on rescuing, rehabilitating, and rehoming older and senior dogs. Many of these dogs are strays, have lost their owners to death or just have been abandoned due to the high costs of their care. They are ALL gentle and loving and always SO happy to see my friend when he comes to feed and walk and play with them for the few hours he can.

They are currently one of several charities that can be voted some extra funding through the "Chase Community Giving" page on Facebook. Even last place receives some hefty donations and currently the last place contender is "The Puppy Rescue Mission" in Colorado.

I know we ALL love puppies, but they definitely have the "leg up" when it comes to finding moms and dads for them, and as someone who recently lost my best furry friend to the ravages of old age, I know that finding people willing to adopt a "senior dog" and the costs it takes to care for older dogs are HUGE challenges. These guys need love, care and and a LOT of special attention and "The Old Dog House" does a thankless job with a lot of heart.

So I'm trying to help out. They are currently at a little over 400 votes and the "Puppy Rescue Mission" is holding last place with a little over 5000 votes. So as you can see, we really need your help.

All we are asking is for a few seconds to follow the link to the "Chase Community Giving" Facebook page to cast a vote for "The Old Dog House". And when you're done, pass the word along to a few of YOUR friends that love dogs as well.

It's a really noble cause and I want to help my friend who has dedicated his life to helping these old-timers when they need someone the most. Thank you SO much for taking the time to read this and to help us out!

:huddle:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.