Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we got a new puppy a few weeks ago, and all seems to be going well. I have been out of work with a foot fracture for some time, so Reno has had lots of attention. I have to go back you work in a couple weeks, which will mean more time in the crate for him, as he isn't quite ready to be left out yet. I told my hubby that I was worried leaving the puppy alone, so I download an app that streams live video from my iPad to my cell phone. Now every time I go out I keep checking on him to make sure he is resting and behaving. Needless to say, hubby says I've lost it...I've decided I don't care lol.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well, that sounds like it has the potential to become a bit obsessive. With all technology, even ones you feel you have locked down, I would encourage you not to video the inside of your house. There are way, way too many smart hackers....time and time again there's been exposé's on how easy it is to use a live signal and then operate it when it's not supposed to be live.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
So, we got a new puppy a few weeks ago, and all seems to be going well. I have been out of work with a foot fracture for some time, so Reno has had lots of attention. I have to go back you work in a couple weeks, which will mean more time in the crate for him, as he isn't quite ready to be left out yet. I told my hubby that I was worried leaving the puppy alone, so I download an app that streams live video from my iPad to my cell phone. Now every time I go out I keep checking on him to make sure he is resting and behaving. Needless to say, hubby says I've lost it...I've decided I don't care lol.
A lot of people do it and I don't see anything wrong with it. If you had a new baby in the house and you called to check in no one would think you had lost it.
Dogs mostly sleep when we are not there to entertain them but check and make yourself feel better, after all you are a new Mom.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
@pmayo what will you do if you see something that worries you? Do you have a job where you can drop everything & leave!? If not then I would advise against this kind of monitoring? It will make your life very stressful. I only work for 4 hours a day & my husband works from home. However, recently I had to work slightly longer & hubby was away. A friend walked Betsy & texted me after to say she seemed upset when dropped back home as there was noise coming from a neighbours house where there was building work being done. I, of course, worried about her until I went home, where I found her fast asleep on the couch completely chilled :rolleyes: I agree with @seashoreduck, maybe video your pup & then you can address any issues afterwards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.