Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
t's official! I have been placed on the waiting list for a future PM puppy!! It won't be for at least a couple of years, but the breeder just sent me an email stating she feels one of her future puppies would do very well with me in my home with my pack of pets. Who Hooo! I was supposed to have a PM puppy already as per my original plan 4 years ago but unfortunately went off track due to me loosing my job and going back to school. The 4 year detour is almost over and I get the PM pup I've been dreaming about for the past 6-7 years. I got a lot of really good info from the breeder about the temperament I'm looking for as the stud male I wanted a pup from is retired due to age. She gave me insight on current breeding stock that are related to him and that has a similar gentle disposition and I have chosen which bitch to wait for. She is the grand daughter and will be having her first litter soon. If all goes well she will be bred again 2-3 years from now and I can find out how her pups turned out from her first litter as the breeder said many people keep in touch often. I know my pup may not have the exact temperament of the mother or grandfather, but the chances are better as many of the pups produced by my original male of choice have a great temperament. Wow, sorry about the really long post lol.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
PUPPIIIIIIIES! I'm so excited for you!! Is PM Pyrenean Mastiff?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been keeping in touch with my chosen breeder and the more questions I ask and the answers I get back just makes me go even crazier during this long wait! I asked specifically if any dogs have bloated or gotten gastric torsion within her (Odeia's - female PM) bloodlines and the answer was no (thank god). After loosing Dallas to bloat I want to reduce any risk as much as possible. All dogs are hip checked and health checked. Many of their pups go into working homes and pets. Some have gone to become therapy dogs, service dogs, etc. I also asked the breeder permission to post pics of the future mama dog and the potential sire as well as mother, father, and grandfather. Enjoy! :)

Odeia (dame to my future pup)

Odeia as a pup:

Odeia's mom, Laia:

Odeia's dad, Vincent:

Odeia's grandfather, Javiero (who I originally wanted a pup from but is now retired):

The potential male Odeia will be bred with when I am ready for my pup, Ronin:

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Aw look at their faces!! Puppy waiting is the absolute worst!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Beautiful. :) I can't say I know much about this breed. Obviously they're a large, fluffy flock guardian but that's about all I know. How are they different for a Great Pyrenees? What is it that made you want this breed specifically? And you can choose not to answer since it's somewhat personal but how much do these dogs run?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I have gathered about these dogs is that they are a very gentle and loyal dogs. The type of dog that is pretty laid back but will step up when needed without excessive force. They thrive living in packs, which for me is a big deal as I love having a multi-pet household. At the same time, you don't mess with these dogs. I am not looking for an aggressive dog, but I am home alone a lot and live in a rural area, so the added security of having a dog with guardian instincts gives me piece of mind. I love the size as well. I get winded quite easily, so not having to bend down to pet my dogs is an added bonus for my health, lol. PM's are not cheap. I can private message you the costs if you want.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Congratulations, Timber! The waiting is so hard, but I think it'll be worth it. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway, as I've hit the year mark now. Your patience is amazing, and I really hope it all goes well for you!

·
Registered
324 Posts
So exciting! Gorgeous dogs! That wait must feel like forever!!! I am on a waiting list for our puppy since December and it has already felt like forever- lol. We were initially told Spring, then two of her females didn't get pregnant so now we are told Late Summer or Fall :( I'm trying to be patient with the mindset that the perfect puppy for us will come but it is so hard to be patient, especially b/c the kids are so excited and ask me about it all the time.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congratulations!! You have definitely done your research kudos!! Waiting for that long would be so hard, but I'm excited you are getting the puppy you want!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts