Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 14 week old Lhasa which for some reason has decided to scratch lick and itch a lot. She had fleas but they've now gone and isn't showing any signs of sore or irritated areas. I've tried a anti scratch aloe Vera spray which hasnt helped. This is where it gets odd... My wife who is a stay at home mum says that as soon as I leave the house for work she stops it all together but the moment o get back in from work she starts at it again.

Does anyone have any ideas as the what it could be?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
It can be hard to determine. You may need to see a vet to try to find out. With kibble, there are so many useless ingredients that could be causing it, and you could try switching to a limited ingredient diet and see if you get results after a few weeks or so.

As far as environmental, you could try an antihistamine like bee pollen. I use it on two of mine and it works well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm actually dealing with this now. The vet put my girl on royal canin (prescription food) & gave her some pills for relief until the food takes effect. It's only been a few days but I have noticed a decline in the scratching. (i don't always give the pill) Before we were feeding her Fromm Gold Large Breed Adult.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts