Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 3 year old German-Shepard/Beagle mix dog. Lately at night he has been acting strange. We have a door to the upstairs of the house which is were all the bed rooms are located. For the last 3 years at night when the last person comes up to bed the dog will usually go in his cage, lie down on the floor, or just stand a few feet away from you when you go upstairs. Now for the last two nights he has been trying to get upstairs when the last person goes up. He is actually pushing past me, not listening to commands, and almost growling at me to get upstairs. It is odd behavior as he has never done this before in 3 years. It just started a few nights ago. Any ideas? :confused:

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Something spooked the poor guy. Like Crio said, has there been any big storms or has anything extreme happened recently? Does he have access to go outside during the night, if so do you have any wildlife around that could have been in your yard? my old friends dog would never go outside alone anymore after there was a mountain lion in her yard.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Either he has been upset by something or maybe he has a feeling that something is wrong or something is going to happen. I have read instances where dogs have had feelings about something that might happen. And they did things out of the ordinary to alert their human family. Such as saving families from fires or other disasters. Our dog alerted us to our propane kitchen stove was leaking out propane into our kitchen. He wouldn't go to sleep in our bedroom that night like usual. He acted nervous. At 2:00 AM he woke us up barking and running from the kitchen to our bedroom until we got up. He barked at the stove as we came into the kitchen. Then I smelled the propane. He saved us from a disaster that morning. So don't get too upset with your dog. He might be warning you about something. Our pets are angels sent to us from God. And sometimes they are our guardian angels too.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Any updates?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts