Dog Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i didnt post in weekend gone when jessie was vomiting because she only vomited 6 times off her food then fine next morning. put it down to the drontal worming tablet instead of endoguard.

All good until tonight 4:45pm onwards saw some chewed black plastic that never seen before did she throw it up when my back was turned? well just waiting for dad to pick us up when all a sudden she vomited i go to get toilet roll and enzyme cleaner, clean up put in bin outside more vomit then more then even more on her bed then on deck. vomited up 13 times and she puked and swallowed it 3-4 times.

so up to the point of being in car she had only been sick 6 times. then she was even more sick in the car on my clean pants not that she could help herself. she wasnt even excited or happy to see my dad and really quiet and off.

Dad said lets get her to vets so did u turn legally and hurried to vets where dad scooped off the puke off me and put in container. went in and said sorry emergency here been sick x amount of times non stop.

Dr mike said he is worried about blockage and wants to give an anti enemitc. he looked at her felt her exaimned her all over and said she feels hot she was burning up temp wasnt too bad but her guts are bad not normal. alot more noisy and nauseous then normal. to be safe side he gave anti biotic injection and anti nausea one and jess hardly reacted apartfrom turning her head to look at him.

Do you think she ate the plastic in weekend but only just puked it up today? is that possible? if not improved tommorow he will want to do x ray to check for obstruction. my poor girl having such rough time :(

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Poor little Jesse and poor you. I'm so sorry she's so sick. I hope she doesn't have a blockage and feels better tomorrow.

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Poor little Jesse and poor you. I'm so sorry she's so sick. I hope she doesn't have a blockage and feels better tomorrow.
Thanks grabby , same here. is it possible she coughed it up when i wasnt looking ? because the chewed black plastic wasnt there earlier. its terrible seeing her vomit so much. cant have been the drontal last week then

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
I guess it's possible she ate the plastic over the weekend and just now threw it up. It's so hard watching them be sick. Has the anti nausea medicine helped at all? I hope she's drinking some water so she doesn't get too dehydrated.

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it's possible she ate the plastic over the weekend and just now threw it up. It's so hard watching them be sick. Has the anti nausea medicine helped at all? I hope she's drinking some water so she doesn't get too dehydrated.
Your right its very hard watching them be sick. its like a baby or child being really ill, cant ignore it and not feeling sorry for them and be soft with them with giving lots of TLC. Yes it has so far thanks though she still feels nauseous i think because she swallows now and then with licking her lips. She has had a bit of water when we got home from my dads he wanted me to come back to his so he could keep eye on her and give her TLC.

She on couch on cushion not far from me curled up tightly in a ball. just to wash her bed cover. i wondered why she was letting me love her by stroking her and not backing away as usual these days and wouldnt go in crate before went out. she went in crate when i got home she feels that miserable.

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also the fact i had no other pants to wear and had to wash them and use the washing machine and dryer since i dont have a dryer!

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its morning and acting normal however only given her 1/8 cup food to see if holds it down as she kept swallow and lick lip think she felt nauseous? Feel ok enough to wake me up! Just can't understand it within 5 days of being sick she was sick and really sick again but a lot more. Dad was worried and got her to vets. He told Mum and even she was really worried and would of got her to vets without me asking.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Poor Jessie! I hope that the worst is over and she keeps feeling better.

They are sooo fast, I'm usually good at keeping stuff picked up but every now and then Zody will grab something that I never though he'd be interested in, sounds like that's what Jessie did with you.

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
seems the worst is over thank goodness back to herself and eating ad not vomiting!

Reactions: Grabby

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So am i. Just nervous incase she has relaspe since happened twice in 5 days! Hopefully that's it now! Vet and parents pleased she better can't blame them. Should i let her run off leash this weekend or will she throw up?

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also how long to wait before giving worming tablet?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts