Dog Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im still currently looking into dog food brands for Sawyer. Currently he is Taste of the wild grain free roasted foul. I know that he doesn't do well on grains, and he doesn't do well and doesn't really like chicken or lamb. It easy for the most part finding grain free dog foods, and flavors that aren't chicken or lamb. But half the time when I look at the ingrediants for non chicken flavors it has chicken meal in it.
What are some good brands that have grain and chicken/lamb free food?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Nutro, even their "grain free" line is very carb heavy and contain chicken and/or lamb ingredients.

Here is the ingredient list for their "Duck and Chickpea" recipe:

Duck, Chicken Meal, Chickpeas, Lamb Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Split Peas, Dried Potatoes, Pea Protein, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Natural Flavor, Sunflower Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols), Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Salt, Zinc Sulfate, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Copper Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Selenium Yeast, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Biotin, Vitamin A Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Rosemary Extract, Decaffeinated Green Tea Extract, Spearmint Extract
Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein (Min.) 32.00% Crude Fat (Min.) 18.00% Crude Fiber (Max.) 3.50% Moisture (Max.) 10.00% Linoleic Acid (Min.) 3.50% Zinc (Min.) 250 mg/kg Niacin (Min.) 250 mg/kg Biotin (Min.)* 2.5 mg/kg * Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles

Although we don't get this brand in Canada, many people here have used Zignature very successfully. If not available to you in a store easily accessible, there are a few online stores that will ship right to your home.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, this was kinda a acident post, I saw the ingreadents and acidentily hit post instead of getting rid of of it/changing it.

I'll have to look into zignature, I'm not sure off hand if we have it around here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts