Dog Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My male dog (miniature pinscher)
has nipples, I believe it was from somehow eating estrogen cream my mother has, he licked the cream years ago but the nipples seem to be growing.

These nipples have pimple-esque warts and I was wondering if anyone has seen this before and if it is a serious health concern or not. They are pimple sacks with black puss inside.

Should I be squeezing these?
Brown Hand Wood Gesture Insect
Pattern Audio equipment Fashion accessory Woolen Wool
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Jaw

·
Registered
338 Posts
Male dogs have nipples from birth, nothing to do with estrogen cream.
With that said, this is an immediate vet visit. And absolutely do not squeeze them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Male dogs have nipples from birth, nothing to do with estrogen cream.
With that said, this is an immediate vet visit. And absolutely do not squeeze them.
Went in for a checkup at the vet about 1.5 years ago and they were the same size and looked the same. My vet said waved them off and said it was nothing to worry about. What makes you think this is an immediate vet visit? Thanks so much.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I consider any abnormal growth, potential tumor(s), or pus and (probable) sign of infection an immediate vet visit.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I agree with Shadowfox, above. Vet visit is needed here. Just because the vet said one thing years ago doesn't men the same would be true now and it is better to be safe than very sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts