Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im not sure about this female its said to be a staffy 5months old but it has no papers so cant be confirmed in writing as such.Im not sure staffys have red nose and i think its large for a staf and a female any ideas ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
She's your basic bully breed (Am Staff/Pit Bull) mix. It's very difficult to pinpoint breed purity on dogs like this because they're often street bred or created by backyard breeders, but I can confidently say she is a bully breed mix. It IS very possible she's a purebred Pit Bull or Am Staff but again, you might never find out for sure. "Red nosed Pits" are very common, often sought out by fanciers of the breed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for reply ,yes im starting to think its a pure red nose now after looking at information online... cant seem to find a staffy with a red nose like this one has.plus it has hazel eyes which is said to be a rednose trait along with red nails. ill have to think this over for a bit lol thanks again

Attachments

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Just so you know "Red Nose" is not a special breed or even variety, it's just a coloring. A lot of people act like Red Nosed and Blue Nosed Pit Bulls are some special variety of breed but it's not. A Pit being a "red nose" is no different than saying "Blue Merle Australian Shepherd" or "Chocolate Lab".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes ive been looking into the whole red nose blue /black thing ...after a hour or so of looking online it seems a pure staffy SHOULD have a black nose and not red at all..they can have a red coat but would still have a black nose ..if it has a red nose like this one ,it cant be a pure breed but a cross with a dog Bordeaux or red nose pit.But a few things are leading me to believe its a pit as the advert has changed from a red nose staffy .to "chocolate staf.also saying that the blue staffy in the pic is the mother and the farther is a red staffy the plot thickens lol ? i dont believe the person selling this dog now ..they seem to be panicking to get rid of it .also down in price from 375 to 300... i might call and ask why they kept one female from the litter and ask to see a pic of this red nose staffy farther lol should be interesting

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Oh I didn't know you actually bought this dog. I assumed she was a rescue of some sort. If you actually bought this dog that was listed as some sort of purebred...eh, it's questionable. Again, it's very difficult to pinpoint exact qualities of a purebred bully breed, but I'm sure someone really skilled could do it for you. And is she spayed and vaccinated? If so then it's not too bad to pay for her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.