Dog Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
878 Posts
What breed and how old is your pup? What does your daily schedule look like with her?

Some dogs just take a bit longer to build that bond or it could be that you're together all the time, that she doesn't get the opportunity to actually miss you yet.

· Registered
878 Posts
To the OP, Bulldogs are known to be pretty laid back, so I highly doubt it's you that she doesn't like. I worked for a person in their home and they had a bulldog. He was a very sweet dog, but was so laid back that he sometimes didn't even get off the couch to say hi and walks would be super short. They are also known to be stubborn so we need to find different ways to get them to do things. I have an extremely stubborn dog (not a Bulldog though) and she doesn't do anything she doesn't want to or will take 2 years to just sit, lol. I think your daily schedule is just fine, but I agree with another that you might set yourself up for burn-out. For your mental health I would suggest leaving the pup at home a couple days a week to give yourself a bit of breathing room. If you crate, think about it this way; it's only temporary and the amount of time used can be much shorter than the whole lifetime. Seeing as she's so laid back, maybe even just a puppy proof room would suffice instead of a crate. I too am no nonsense but I still have fun with my dogs, I just don't let them get away with inappropriate things. In other words I agree with you in that sense, so don't take other posts to heart. We just don't really know you so it's hard to put a whole picture together with a short paragraph on a computer screen. :)

· Registered
878 Posts
Are there other things going on in your life that are influencing your relationship with your pup? How old is she? Many people suffer from depression and/or anxiety, so it's no surprise that you may feel overwhelmed at times with the new commitment of having a dog. What is she like, can you elaborate a little more?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.