Dog Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have fallen behind on the picture updates. Aayla now is 42 pounds and almost 22 inches at the shoulder. Her coat is coming in beautifully and she is nothing but lean muscle right now. Here are some from our backpacking trip in the sierras a few weeks ago. She loved it, we probably covered 16 miles or so, the rocks were a little harsh on her paws so next time I may need boots or to start toughening up her pads. Yet the sunrises and sunsets are breathtaking and I hope we get one more trip in before winter sets in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
She is absolutely stunning! She reminds me so much of Levi at that age! Must be about time for me to get another Aussie puppy. ;)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And some more from the same trip

Attachments

Reactions: jclark343

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She is absolutely stunning! She reminds me so much of Levi at that age! Must be about time for me to get another Aussie puppy. ;)
Doooooo it. ;P

Thank you! Its hard to think that she is almost a year old. She actually is 11 months today! Its been hard on me watching her grow so fast!

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
That scenery though! Gah I feel like if I lived out there I would never want to be inside! Especially when the weather is nice. So beautiful. She's gotten so big, she looks like a lady now! Stuff puppy though.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
She's gotten so big, and I cant believe she's going be a year soon. The scenery is amazing, the pictures are awesome. I love the second and third photo you posted, she looks so pretty in the lighting.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So some recent photos of our adventures out with friends

Attachments

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dock diving!

Aayla's PB right now is 14'11" If we can get some more power and height to her jumps she should go farther. Right now she just runs straight out, she has the speed!

Yesterday she was tired from the 10 mile hike we did the day before (bad dog mom) so her farthest jump was 14'9" which is still great. These photos are from the first event she went to, not this one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Aw she's so big now! Like a proper Aussie adult! Her and Levi would have made beautiful babies. ;)

Reactions: TheAdventureK9

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@McCourt She is my entire world! Thank you. =)
@Shandula She is! I can't really call her a puppy anymore (though I still totally do). She still has some coat to grow in on her sides, I guess then I'll accept her adulthood. They would have! If only Levi still had the family jewels and there wasn't a few thousand miles separating them! Hahaha

Reactions: McCourt

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Tell Aayla to stop growing up so fast ;p.
You take great adventure photos of her, they always seem so fun.
I love the dock diving pictures, just the way her ears and fur end up while jumping make it even better. I'm glad that even though she was tired she still jumped well and had fun. She makes me jelous that my guys don't like water enough to even try dock diving with them lol.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great pictures! I really enjoy watching people have fun with their dogs. I am glad it is finally sort of starting to cool down here in Arizona - will be able to start getting out more during the day instead of having to wait until after 9pm!

Beth

1 - 17 of 17 Posts