Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my inlaws reunion was this past week and noel decided to "find" all the little skulls and other very nasty things to "gift" the family with. They got all mad cause she would go to the bay and get stuff that was wet ect they really got mad when she found a duck skull and brought it to the grand parents. I thought it was fine and didnt say anything because they kept telling her to go find stuff. Today i get a call from my mother inlaw saying that from now on on the family dog days she cant come we will have to bring her when the other family members are not there. Do you think i should have stoped her? i mean if they kept asking for stuff did they not get what they asked for? I kept an eye out and made sure she was not digging just picking stuff up. Oh well next time they can get the bloodhound drool to!!! lol

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
so my inlaws reunion was this past week and noel decided to "find" all the little skulls and other very nasty things to "gift" the family with. They got all mad cause she would go to the bay and get stuff that was wet ect they really got mad when she found a duck skull and brought it to the grand parents. I thought it was fine and didnt say anything because they kept telling her to go find stuff. Today i get a call from my mother inlaw saying that from now on on the family dog days she cant come we will have to bring her when the other family members are not there. Do you think i should have stoped her? i mean if they kept asking for stuff did they not get what they asked for? I kept an eye out and made sure she was not digging just picking stuff up. Oh well next time they can get the bloodhound drool to!!! lol
my reaction is that your mother-in-law is sort of a jerk for reacting this way, i mean, she is a dog...and part of your family, so why shouldn't you bring her to hang out with the family? and if they are asking her to do something and she did it, what is the problem? imo, that shows that she is well trained! if she wanted you to stop the dog, she should have said something then instead of banning her now, and they shouldn't have told her to do it if they didn't want her to.....silly, imo! you can bring noel to my next family gathering and she can bring anybody anything she wants, they'd laugh and think it was clever of her....;)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks she is my baby and she may not do the best at sit and roll over but "find" and "come she is great at. And thanks for the invite lol she would be happy to keep all your guest entertained.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Thats not fair!!

Personally I quit bringing my dogs to family events, no matter how well behaved they are there is always drama when a dog does a dog thing at the wrong time.

That and my sister in laws dog attacks others dogs. Fun.

I wish mine brought me cool skulls and stuff.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just got back from their house and she said she was sorry about how she acted i'm not going to take her to the house anymore though just down to the beach. I figure they dont deserve all the love my noel gives (drool and skulls and all) on a lighter note we hid a piece of my daughters clothing under the water and gave the commaned to find and she found it in record time. i'm proud of her if you guys cant tell. Tempest is getting really good at finding things on the ground but she must be on a leash at all times or we wll never find her again.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I don't get to take my dogs anywhere, sometimes to my parents house and they are cool about it but still make simple comments especially if my niece and nephew are over. I personally would have been so into it if I was there and your dog was bringing skulls but I would have started going out with your dog to see where these were and do my own search LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts