Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have a sweet, nine-year-old golden retriever, Sam.

More recently, I've noticed that Sam seems to be throwing up his food consistently every time he jumps onto my bed at night. My bed is about 3 or 4 feet from the floor. He jumps up, and a few minutes later he will be quietly gagging until he throws up what I fed him hours ago.

I find that this ONLY happens at night, when we go to bed. During the day, Sam jumps on my bed every once in a while and he never has this problem. Sam eats a few cups in the morning and a few in the evening, around 6 or 7. We go to bed around 10.

Any ideas? Could anyone point me in the right direction? Is this because he's jumping up? Is this due to a nightly-gastro problem? I placed a step-stool by the bed that I taught him to use tonight. He seemed quite pleased that he didn't have to jump up as usual.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. :(

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I'm not really sure, but I would contact your vet since he's been throwing up every day (?).
Is there something that changes at night, maybe something small you don't really think about? Or possibly it just takes the food digestion all day and something about jumping on the bed sets it off. But again I'm not sure, and I would deffinitly consult your vet, I would say make sure he doesn't get dehydrated and is at least getting some food since he's throwing up a lot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts