Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 11 month old puppy is making sure no one in the house sleeps tonight. She's been crying, scratching, and pawing at the crate almost the whole night. I noticed she was restless around midnight. I went in and she had regurgitated food and ate all of it. Only reason I knew was there was a couple of pieces in the floor outside the crate. I let her out for a minute and cleaned up the crate, put her back in. Still crying. So I go back in 20 minutes later and I take her outside. She peed twice. I bring her back in and put her in the crate. Still crying. I go back in and switch her to the big crate. Still crying. I put her back in the little crate. At this point it's past 1. At one point I let her out to see what she'd do and she ran around like normal and eventually settled and sat beside me. She was quiet for an hour or two and started back at 3:30. She's not panting like she's in pain. I have no clue what she wants. But I just know that this can't continue. I have work in a few hours and have to operate and nearly no sleep. Where are the earplugs when you need them?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
If a dog who formerly slept through the night quietly and without problems all of a sudden cries throughout the night and vomits I suggest a visit to your vet as soon as possible.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If a dog who formerly slept through the night quietly and without problems all of a sudden cries throughout the night and vomits I suggest a visit to your vet as soon as possible.
She acts fine. I've let her out four times and the crying stopped. She's bouncing around like normal.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok false alarm. Whatever she has has set in. She's for real vomitting now and has diarrhea. Poor baby can't keep anything down. She's going to the vet now. Like this minute. I knew something wasn't right but she acted fine. She's still not panting and I think that's odd. I'm sure it's uncomfortable

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.