Dog Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm really pleased to find this lovely community of dog lovers and a treasure trove of cute posts to look at ~
my wife and I have really been enjoying it so far. We've been in the pet industry a long time and know a passion for pets when we see it.

~ A little bit about our little dog family ~
Our best friend of 14 years sadly passed away this weekend (rest in peace, he was literally the best!) - Columbus' passing actually inspired us to look outward and sponge some love off of your posts, so thanks for helping us cope. He was a chow retriever adopted from a rescue in Tennessee (we used to live on the east coast, now we live in Seattle), and he was an amazing dog who was as sweet as he was stubborn. Columbus responded to his name when we rescued him, and I found it fitting to keep it since I was born in Columbus, Ohio. We had an instant bond and I mourn peacefully knowing he lived an awesome life and changed us for the better.

Our chow retriever, Columbus, on a romp in the snow with my wife and best friend, Aracely (this was in Indiana)
Snow Dog Sky Carnivore Dog breed

We still have two little amazing rescue dogs (the inseparable Henry and Sammy, I sometimes refer to them as the Noodle Twins). Henry (top noodle) has been with us for four years and has had an amazing rehabilitation from a bad pet hoarding situation. He now has all the confidence in the world and we are really proud of how far he has come. Sammy (bottom noodle) has been with us for about a year and is making tremendous progress from a difficult start in California. He has so much joy and life in his eyes now it keeps us young.
Dog Vertebrate Comfort Dog breed Carnivore

And of course we have one amazing cat named Clark (everyone loves Clark).
Cat Eye Felidae Window Carnivore

Thanks for letting us share and we look forward to being able to get to know the community!
Cheers,
Matthew

·
Administrator
1,747 Posts
Hi, and welcome.

I’m to become a cat slave myself, sometime this week. :D. Was supposed to be Wednesday, but COVID has hit the family again, so might not be til Sunday now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, and welcome.

I’m to become a cat slave myself, sometime this week. :D. Was supposed to be Wednesday, but COVID has hit the family again, so might not be til Sunday now.
Cat slave :LOL:

If you show love and spoil a dog, the dog thinks "wow, these people love me and care for me, they must be gods!"
If you show love and spoil a cat, the cat things "wow, these people love me and care for me, I must be a god!"

I'm excited for your new addition! Our cat is best friends with our dogs, inter-species peace treaties are totally possible!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts