Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as you may now my dogs been having serious problems over the last week, i had expected her not even to survive, she went in today for an xray to see if cancer has spread to her lungs or not, and if not then to have surgery

talking with the vet it seems the cancer did NOT spread, she had her tumors removed and from what he told me it sounds like that has relieved her breathing problems too.. perhaps abdominal pressure from the tumors?.. i dont know

he expects that she will fully recover

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
I'm so happy that those tumors did not spread. I pray that she's not on the road to recovery and you'll have many more years with her.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just hope her breathing really is truly back to normal, just trying to sleep she was breathing as fast as if she had just finished running a marathon.. that was definitely the most concerning

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got a call from the vet today.. they left her alone over night and she died.. they never took into consideration blood loss from the wound on her knee, never addressed her breathing issues and i got clarification today that they pretty much ignored it, and rushed her into a surgery that any reasonably intelligent person given the situation should have known she would have difficulty surviving from.. complete incompetence by the vet and at this point i have no doubt i have been lied to to get money out of me.. he should have held off until the breathing issue was cleared up and she had more fluid in her veins

to say i am extremely angry would be a serious understatement and im having a relative handle the cremation arrangements so i dont beat the crap out of the vet if i see him

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
i got a call from the vet today.. they left her alone over night and she died.. they never took into consideration blood loss from the wound on her knee, never addressed her breathing issues and i got clarification today that they pretty much ignored it, and rushed her into a surgery that any reasonably intelligent person given the situation should have known she would have difficulty surviving from.. complete incompetence by the vet and at this point i have no doubt i have been lied to to get money out of me.. he should have held off until the breathing issue was cleared up and she had more fluid in her veins

to say i am extremely angry would be a serious understatement and im having a relative handle the cremation arrangements so i dont beat the crap out of the vet if i see him
I am so, so sorry! I know the incompetence that led to her death is making everything 100% worse, been there, done that. FWIW it's rare that they don't leave the animal alone overnight, I think the only ones they wouldn't would be critical cases, or if you took her to a vet hospital.

·
Banned
40 Posts
I might ad. Try to let some of the angry emotions pas and then schedule a time to talk face-to-face with your vet. You have the right to have your questions addressed. But, I can't imagine a vet that does not suffer with the loss of a pet under her/his care. At least, I hope so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts