Dog Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evidently I joined DogForum several years ago but did not continue with it, but now I am back. The reason I decided to get back to it is that my wife and I have taken on the pleasure (along with a little exasperation) of a goldendoodle puppy named Willow. She is 8 months old yesterday, black and weighs 45 pounds. She is an adorable bundle of energy. Her mother is a cream colored goldendoodle and her father is a black standard poodle. Being 72 years old and my wife and I thinking we would be able to handle a puppy as well as we did when we were young seems to have been a bit delusional, but we are making it. We took her to puppy classes and then recently completed 6 weeks with a private trainer, both of which were very helpful. I like to walk a mile or more every day, so she gets exercise with me along with training and playing. She is an adventure in retirement.

· Registered
1,304 Posts
Your Golden Doodle is 3/4 Poodle so more Poodle, more energy. I have a Golden Doodle, half and half that has more of the Golden nature and her daughter by a Poodle, has more of the Poodle temperament as she is 3/4 Poodle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts