Dog Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
I am still alive in case anyone was wondering (sorry for not posting guys) Whew, so much has happened since I was last on here! This past Tuesday six of the 11 went to their new families, then yesterday Draft went home, today Leah went home, and Hitch goes home tomorrow, leaving me with Liberty and Cadence. Cadence will most likely go home later this week, Liberty will be with me until 12 weeks old. So sorry for not posting, I have been so busy and this last week has been so hard with the others leaving, finally feeling normal again now. I promise to do my best to update more often! Here's the last photo taken of the group ?

·
Super Moderator
3,673 Posts
LoveMyFosters,

I've been thinking of you and regretful that I didn't respond to your last post. Stormy replied so beautifully. I'm glad that your rescue group has been able to place all of the puppies, especially at this chaotic time. As always, you've done a wonderful job of raising them. Their new families are very lucky.

I expect that you'll be back with a new mama and litter in no time. Hopefully, the next family will be easier for you. In the meantime, try to get some rest and stay safe. We are living in a strange and awful time.

Take care. Sending you my love.

·
Super Moderator
706 Posts
Thank you for sharing your story of raising the puppies. I have really enjoyed following their progress and even feel quite emotional about them going to their new homes. You have done an amazing job with these guys and I hope you get a well deserved rest now, you certainly have earned it.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I would never be surprised that you grieve after saying goodbye to 'your' puppies. They were yours and in some ways always will be...because you stamped their young minds with positive things that will probably be hardwired in for the rest of their lives. The time you take to get them use to new noises, and to have manners and in learning to walk on a leash...all those things made them yours...so yeah, giving them up has to be heart breaking....even when you know they are going to good homes and will have wonderful lives with people who wanted them so much they were willing to fill out forms, talk to shelter workers about owning a puppy and willing to pay adoption fees to finally get one of them.

I've said it before, but even if I were physically able to foster, I know my heart couldn't bear the pain of giving up an animal that finally found a home. I admire what you do, and know you can't have the heart to do all of that without that heart suffering a lot when it comes time to allow the puppies to move on to their next life.

I wish the issue of so many unwanted litters could be solved...so many puppies and kittens end up birthed in alleys, abandoned buildings and worst of all, the homes of people who won't neuter their animals...and think all those puppies and kittens will end up with good homes are delusional. I'm glad you are there to help save a few of those precious little lives and have the means to have new owners vetted before they get one of the puppies.

Hugs I'm going to miss this litter too...I loved their looks and I have owned a Pyrenees mix before and I've had Goldens too, so I was attracted to this litter because of that.

Thanks for sharing so much with us...I love the videos, photos, and notes about the puppies.

Stormy
Thank you ? This litter has been the most difficult yet, and the hardest to say goodbye to.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
LoveMyFosters,

I've been thinking of you and regretful that I didn't respond to your last post. Stormy replied so beautifully. I'm glad that your rescue group has been able to place all of the puppies, especially at this chaotic time. As always, you've done a wonderful job of raising them. Their new families are very lucky.

I expect that you'll be back with a new mama and litter in no time. Hopefully, the next family will be easier for you. In the meantime, try to get some rest and stay safe. We are living in a strange and awful time.

Take care. Sending you my love.
Thank you! It has been an interesting process with the world so crazy right now, but all have great homes lined up. While I wish I could say I will have another litter right after my last two head off, the reality is, at this time I am having to wait. There is so much uncertainty going on, and due to that, food shortage, no access to vet care, etc are all real possibilities. Along with that, the possible travel bans between states would leave me locked out from the rescue as even though I live about 2 hours from most of the volunteers, I am still in a different state. Hoping and praying this will all calm down in a few weeks, but sadly right now I have to play it safe.

Thank you for sharing your story of raising the puppies. I have really enjoyed following their progress and even feel quite emotional about them going to their new homes. You have done an amazing job with these guys and I hope you get a well deserved rest now, you certainly have earned it.
Thank you. Glad you are enjoying!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Today's adventure, an off leash property walk. This was taken a few hours before my Hitch went home with his family. They were in heaven! First time I have taken them out on the trails. It's a good place to work on recall and them staying close to me. Cadence is a little more independent, Hitch always coming back to my side on his own, and Liberty always watching to make sure she never got too far ahead. My confident little adventurers!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Happy 11 weeks old to Liberty, and all the babies who have gone home already. Liberty is 25.2lbs today! Now that it's just Liberty, we have been working on lots of command training throughout the day and she is for sure enjoying it. She loves her off leash walks in the woods, and walking around town, she is for sure an adventurous baby! Unlike some of my past pups, Liberty doesn't notice her siblings have all left, happy to have all my time and attention just for herself. Instead of just one photo, here's a small collection from this morning. My breathtaking gentle giant, shadow around the house, constant snuggle bug, walking partner, and family greeter to everyone who comes. I am going to miss this girl so much when she goes home! The companionship of a dog cannot be replaced by anything else ?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
With all this rain the creek has come up, and today on Liberty's off leash walk, she got to see it for the first time when it's flowing this fast... hilarity ensued from there ? On another note, Liberty has amazing recall, so proud of her and we are always working to improve it further!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Pretty lady goes home tomorrow. So excited for her as she is going to one of my puppy families, their second time adopting a pup from me! Oh how I am going to miss her though! She is just the best girl!

Sadly due to all that is going on in the world, it may be months before I post here again, my rescue is shutting down intake due to our vets shutting down their spay and neuter, and apps dropping left and right due to people worried about the future and not wanting to adopt, (which I do understand). So I have no idea when I might be back here again after tomorrow. It's a sad situation, but nothing we can do right now.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
You have done an amazing job, massive virtual pats on the back!

I will miss your updates - maybe pop in now and again just to let us know you are ok.?Stay safe.
Good idea, I can try to do that.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Just look at that smile! Miss Liberty has gone home to her family, and I couldn't be more excited for her! For those that don't know, Liberty's family is the owner of Marian from my medieval litter born here last year, so excited to have my first ever second time adopter!

Thank you all for your always continued support, I hope at some point in the future I will have another litter to share. Until next time! Safe safe out there!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Maybe when you miss posting you can do some “ best of “ posts. Or if anyone sends you photos, some where are they now?

But first enjoy a break, as much as anyone can enjoy a break at present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

101 - 115 of 115 Posts