Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody!
I'm new to the forum and decided to join in order to gain more information about a new addition to my pack :D
I live in rural Minnesota with my, feathery, furry , and scaly friends. Here are the current members of my "tribe":
1. LuChu- a female Quaker Parrot who reigns with an iron beak
2. Taji- a slightly insane Cockatiel who can have a full conversion with you based solely on the words peek-a-boo, kitty, and eagle
3. Sharma and Shai- two Ragdoll kittens known for their love of clobbering dogs in the face with their paws for the sheer joy of it
4. Rascal- a slightly obese, orange domestic short hair who thinks he's a chicken
5. Finnean and Dayo- two baby Nigerian Dwarf goat males who will be here in a week
6. Nashira- a 10 year old brindle long hair Akita who is Sharma and Shai's bodyguard/pillow
7. Nuka, Makwa, and Shikoba- 3 litter mates who's mama was a German Shepherd and papa was half Great Pyrenees half Newfoundland
8. Random fish
9. an estimated 40 chickens of which most of them are named but here are the most know of the crew: Comet, Zacharius, Brie Willis, Asiago Schwarzenegger, Nicosia Cage, and Cheddar Norris

Little story on how I ended up with three litter mates:
A relative of mine had two dogs, a German Shepherd female and a Newfoundland/Pyrenees male. The dogs lived partly indoors and partly outdoors and had two separate 25'x50' chain-link pens. Multiple family members including myself protested to him keeping the dogs intact and not properly securing the Shepherd while she was in heat and they bred through the chain-link fence and she gave birth to a litter of 10 beautiful puppies, 5 black with white paws and chest,4 white, adn one fawn sable , no stillbirths and no runts. When the pups were two weeks old both her and the father got loose and ran off later found dead after being hit by cars. Since he was not in a good position to take care of orphaned puppies my mother and I took them in and long story short, everyone in my household became extremely bonded to a different puppy and we kept three of them. Makwa is the female we kept and she is the fawn puppy and only one in the litter to take after the German Shepherd. She looks exactly like a fawn sable GSD with a creme bib and speckled socks. Shikoba is one of white male and other then a shorter coat he takes 100% after the Pyrenees and become our Livestock Guardian Dog. Nuka is my "main dog" and has characteristics of all the breeds in the parentage: a chiseled head and black bi-color from the GSD, the double dews
of the Pyrenees, and the laid-back temperament, soft, quick drying coat, and obsession with water of the Newfy. He's also the biggest cuddle bug of the three and thinks that even though he weighs 100 pounds at 7 months he is still small enough to be picked up and to sit in your lap:)

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hello, fellow rural Minnesotan! I grew up about 15 minutes from the Iowa border and about an hour and a half from South Dakota. :) In Wisconsin now, since that's where my husband got a job, but I'll always be a Minnesotan in my heart.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, and I'd love to see pictures of your crew!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
Me being the clumsy person I am I dropped my phone and broke it loosing all my pictures on it :p I'll post pictures once I get some more or find a way to recover the ones I have :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.