Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I haven't introduced myself earlier, as I have been a member to this forum now for a couple of weeks. I've been so entertained by all the forums that I just forgot to take the time to properly introduce myself.

My name is Elizabeth and I am the proud 'mommy' of two purebred Basset Hounds. My oldest is Copper Hound, which he'll be turning 5 this Christmas Eve. Then there's little baby Zelda Marie, who will be a year old on January 21st. I am currently feeding both 'furbabies' Taste of the WIld dry dog food, which I am hoping that I can find other dog owners on here that also use that food so I know I am making the right choice with food. lol

I love my little 'furbabies' so much and I just cannot imagine life without them. They are just so sweet and lovable, and they are just perfect with children. I have had a Basset Hound as a pet almost my entire life, and I must admit, they are one the BEST breeds for a family house pet. It is my dream to someday become a foster mom who rescues abused and neglected Basset Hounds in the central Kansas area, so that these sweet angels can have the forever home that they well deserve.

I was told about this site by my neighbor Stef, who I see posts a lot on here. I'm sure that soon enough I'll have her beat with more posts! lol I hope to meet plenty of other dog lovers on here, as well as learn new things such as grooming tips and good feeding ideas.

Peace & Love!
~Elizabeth
Belly rubs and drool from Copper and Zelda!

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
welcome! good to see there is some sort of a word of mouth system around here :) its a great forum

~MSE

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Well-now a proper welcome for you :) I forgot to say earlier-I love your avatar :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! I am a big fanatic of Basset Hounds and I am NOT afraid to admit that! LOL I just hope that no one minds that I am reposting a few things on this forum to help spread the word about good causes that are dog related, like my new post in the 'Dog Adoption and Rescue' forum. I hope you have already taken a moment to read about it. It's so very nice to meet you all! :)

·
Registered
11,148 Posts
There is nothing better then a Hound, IMO. Welcome...

I use Iams weight control for my beagle, and (for right now) my own blend for My Coonhound (she needs fattening up). I tried Blue Buffalo for a short time but Queen Beagle hated it, so I went back to Iams. I may grab a bag of wild to see what she thinks, lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey!

We just got our first Basset Hound (He comes home on Saturday! YAY) And I have been feeding my other dogs TOTW for almost a year now and they love it! They look healther, they seem happier and they no longer shed! YAY!

So are bassets really as hard to house train as people say?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.