Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok hi everyone. I was hoping for some help and I figured this may be the best place to look. Sorry if this isn't in the right section of the forum. I don't do these often.I have had my molly for about 2 years now from a pup. I don't know her breed but this is the smartest most clever and energetic dog I have ever had. She is amazing. But here latly I've been watching her close when I let her out and the hunt is on as soon as she gets outside. She loooooves to hunt. But I've noticed things that seem wierd to me maybe there not but I'm not sure. First she has 3 fields of view or stations she goes to to scan the back yard. Second she points and I mean like a trained pointer. But what's weird to me is that she hunts like a cat. In not lying to you guys she looks like a cheeta right before they pounce. Head low, tail down and her shoulders are rolling on top like a cat because she is staying low. Then BAM!!! Super burst of speed and if she is sucessfull victims throat in mouth. She gets squirrl, moles, chases birds. Just seems like she is made for this. She hates water. Hates it. She has awesome k-9 lines I mean her body is stream lined. Super lean and agile. I think she is half deer half hound. But if a picture would help let me know. If anyone can help me identify her breed that would be awesome. And maybe it's normal to hunt that way but please share your thoughts with me on that . I personally havnt seen any other dog hunt this way. Thanks in advance for any advice. Oh and she can jump ridiculously high. I think I have a super dog. In waiting for lasers to shoot out of her eyes.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Check out some videos on YouTube about vizslas stalking or hunting. They are pretty hardcore hunters. You might see some similarities.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.