Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! So im looking for some new things to teach my dog as the title says. He is a 10 month old corgi. Ive been sick the past few days so have only been able to so short walks around the block and a run in the park in the evening when my so is home, and we have been practising his tricks in the house and in the yard with more distractions. On our walk i work on keeping him in a heel position on loose leash, sitting when i stop walking, and if he gets any off leash time in the park we work on stay a lot which he is great at unless he gets the better of us and hits his excited state before we can give him a command. ( if he sees a dog or something before we do, we can usually save this with a down command)
Im looking for some new tricks or games to teach him to keep things interesting since he is so good at all his other tricks already. He knows sit, down, stay, shake, roll over, crawl, drop it, sit pretty, (we say up for this since its shorter and easier) and back up (back). Is there anything else that is fairly easy to teach that i could start working on ? I cant really teach him speak because i dont have any way of making him bark, and for some reason when i try to teach spin he gets frustrated and sulks under the couch. (Just this trick for some reason, been working on it since we got him..) and he is not super toy or food motivated but is a little bit. Thanks :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Figure 8 between your legs is a fun trick, jumping over stuff, picking up objects, getting an object, holding an object, balancing a treat on his nose/head, play dead, stick out his tongue on command, detect a smell, find a treat under bowls, high five...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts