Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

A friend and I are currently working on a company idea, which would help make leaving your dog off-leash at parks and open areas a lot safer.

However, before we can launch ourselves into production, we need to get a sense of the market and if there's truly a need for this. If you have a few minutes, could you please complete this survey?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HSFWLRP

Your responses will help lead to what will hopefully be the next big thing for dog training and safety! :)

Thank you x1000000!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good Work!

I filled out the survey and I am curious to see what the product entails! I have a Basset Hound that can only be trusted for a short amount of time if any at all off leash. We trust her and she knows that its wrong but she forgets that when she smells something such as a bird. She takes off and won't come back. She is surprisingly fast for such a shorty! We have tried numerous times but have decided that a leash is best for her safety. One time, we were in our backyard and I took her off leash. It went great until she saw a squirrel jump over the fence. She ran so fast and shimmied her way next to the parked car and found a way out of the fence. She ran and chased the squirrel and then when it climbed up a tree she ran and ended up almost dead. She was running straight for the main road. Thankfully she had enough sense to turn off onto the sidewalk again. She ended up in the way of a medical scene. There were police, fire, ambulance, the whol shindig was there. Turns out my elderly neighbor wasn't feeling well and got nervous so he called 911. The police officer seemed annoyed at me even after I told him the whole story and apologized about a million times. I wasn't holding him up from his work or anything since he was just standing there while the medics put my neighbor up on a stretcher and took him away. That was super stressful, embarrasing and scary! If there is a way that I can effectivly train her to stay near me at all times when off leash then count me in! Thanks so much!:dog-wink:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Terrible work

Your survey has a question that says if you responded "rarely or never" to a previous question explain why.

And then it won't let you continue on unless you give an answer even if you didn't reply "rarely" or "never" to the previous question.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Your last question asked if I would use the item but there was only yes/no/don't have dogs. There really needed to be a maybe or other option. I don't know if I'd use it, it would depend. There was also a problem with answering being as I have three dogs, not everything is the same. Like I can let my boys off lead, they listen very well. But my girl is still in training and even though she has a pretty good recall I don't trust her off lead. So I wasn't sure how to answer some questions.

Reactions: Horse Rider
1 - 4 of 4 Posts