Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone: i really hope someone out there can alleviate some of my anxiety now that i have decided to buy a sibe pup. She will be 9wks. old when i pick her up in 2wks. I already have a 9yr. old lab who is an absolute sweetheart, as gentle and easy going as can be. My partner wanted a sibe and while I had reservations due to all the negative comments I have heard from people after much research decided to go ahead with it. I'm already aware of all the neg. can't ever let them off leash, escape artists, etc... We live in the country with 19 acres none of which is fenced in so i know that she must always be on a leash. I've bought books specifically about the sibes. Just panicking a bit since I haven't had a pup in over 20 yrs. We both work day shifts with my partner being home around 3:30 and me 5:30 I know I'll have to find someone to legt her out at noon. My partner will take the week following her arrival off and I will be off work for 2 weeks after that. Any positive info would be so gratelfully appreciated.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Huskies are great dogs but very independent and can also be very noisy. Yes you could have someone come and let her out at noon but have you ever thought of doggy daycare? I'm not sure where you live or if you have any by you, but if you do i think it would be a great choice. Huskies love to run. Plus she would get the potty breaks she need throughout the day and be tired when you got home. Just a thought.

Huskies are also very good at destroying the house when they haven't gotten the proper exercise. So just be ready :) They keep you on your toes at all times!

I hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts