Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm new here and this is the most active forum I've run into. We recently rescued a 1.5 year old dog. She has proven herself to be a very good escape artist, very Houdini. We have a wire crate for her for when he leave for at least an hour because she is very destructive right now (we are starting training on her for that), but right now we have reinforcements around it and a padlock for the door and still managed to get out, very smart! Anyway, she is about 42 pounds. The rescue said she is a German shepherd mix. Didn't specify the other half. They said maybe a collie since she has the white hair on her chest, her chin, her paw and underside.. But a friend of ours said she looks part wolf. We aren't allowed to own any wolf hybrid nor would I want one. Please let me know what you think she could be, more importantly if she could have any wolf because we are on a 14-day trial for her. We love her already but where we live, wolf or wolf hybrids are prohibited. Thank you so much!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
:D
Deutscher Schäferhund Mix. no doubt.
I have soft spot for the black ones
if she has pale eyes then perhaps with some nordic breed.
Huskies are known to be escape artists for example.

Mixes don't need to be mixed 50%/50%. a lot of them are mixes of many generation of mixed breed and sometimes you don't see the other containing breeds at all.
I'd seen a mix of two parents that looked like Schäfis (farm dogs, so of course mixed), that looked like a very heavy-boned poodle.

for now i would continue saying he's a Schäfimix.
because 1. it's easier for you and the dog and 2. Wolf/dog hybrid are a lot more rare than dogs falsely called Wolf/Dog hybrids.
Schäfi/Husky are also not a rare mix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts