Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my first post here. My husband found this poodle mix (we think) at a swap meet in Visalia California Memorial Day week end. All the pups seemed dirty and smelled pretty bad but did seem healthy so we rescued her in our opinion. We were told she was 5 weeks old and have already looked into the initial shots, Not realizing it, 5 weeks was much too early to be separated from the mother but were told if she was eating kibble (Iams Puppy) and the poops were solid, all should be ok. That is the case and she seems to be a very spunky and happy little girl. We've been crate training here by sleeping in a small basket at night that we slide under the bed. The following photos show the fence with pee-pad and little basket for her to sleep in. Also the small crate I bought the same day at the swap meet. I keep everything very clean and tidy and she seems to be learning. At one point we doubled the size of the fence by opening up a bit and put the pad on one side with open floor on the other. She went the entire day without soiling or peeing on the floor and used only the pad. But my question is simply this.....by the photos of my set up and the description of my training, are we doing ok or would any of you have some recommendations? Our ultimate goal is for her to be an indoor dog most of the time but we also have a nice fenced in back yard for her to enjy during the cooler months October - April.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts