Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

After having two german shepherds (already passed away), another german shephers and an irish setter (both around 2 years), at home while I lived with my parents, now that I'm living with my boyfriend, we got ourselves a new puppy. The other dogs are still with the parents since I'm now in a smaller house and they are my parents company.
After a year living in another city without having any pets, I was feeling completely alone and craving for a companion like I've always had at home, so, when we moved back to a more definitive home (the one I'm now) I really insisted on having a puppy.
I've already seen other posts of people here, completely overwhelmed by theis new puppies and I completely relate to those people.
I love my new baby beagle with all my heart and even my boyfriend who was always a cat person loves him, but it is indeed quite stressfull.
Having that said, I want to thank all of the people who answered to other people with problems like mine - people overwhelmed by their new puppies, the responsability, the nights without sleep and the constant vigilance, the crying when we leave him for more than 5 minutes and the bitting - and who helped me to understand that this is just a phase and that we will sleep all night in a while and that the best part is to enjoy this beautiful moment of our new friend growing with us as his family.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Welcome! Hang in there, puppies grow up eventually. lol Hope you've been looking through the puppy stickies and the training and behavior stickies. Lots of good info on raising a puppy there. Beagle puppies are pretty adorable. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I am indeed trying a little by little with his training. Since he is only 10 weeks old, I'm more concerned now with potty training and I'm glad to see he's a clean puppy. He always asks to go poo outside and he pees (most of the times) on his training pads! The bitting is gradually getting more and more soft and he now gives a lot of kisses. The only thing is that, being a baby beagle, he distracts a lot and I'm trying to teach hi how to play with toys alone. Also, he completely hates being alone... that is the biggest "issue" but I'm not planning to leave him alone for now since he's so young, instead I'm trying to be absent from the same room as much as possible so he learns do play by himself. About treats, well, he's not much into treats so I've been praising him instead, to teach.
He's so adorable and tiny, and so dependant for now :)
Thank you for your words!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts