Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just aquired a new puppy from a friend that couldnt keep him anymore due to allergies. Hes a 4 month old black lab/husky mix. He's had 2 previous owners and im pretty sure they were both abusive towards him. He has seperation anxiety and howels/barks if left alone at night. He will not go to the bathroom outside. I've been taking him out constantly and he will hold it until he gets inside and will go on the floor. Previous owners trained him with the puppy pads and i believe they never took him outside and just let him use those. Ive had him for a week and he doesnt even use the pads anymore. I started him on a food/water/walk schedule (feed/water him then take him out after 20 mins) ive even been taking him out after he wakes up from naps but he still wont go outside. He'll hold it until we come back in then when i'm not looking will go on the floor. The last couple days he's been waiting to go until the whole house is asleep. Ive even taken a pad outside to see if thatll get him to go but it didnt work. He's really sweet and loving towards everyone and id hate to get rid of him due to this but my housemates are quickly getting annoyed and i dont know what to do. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
The pup had been taught to go in side now you have to change it. This may help. clicker training is the best. The click will identity the place you want him to go and the treat will reinforce it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts