Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my little French Bulldog home yesterday and she's wonderful. Cuddly and sweet. Cute beyond belief!

The first night she was pooping literally every 2 hours. They weren't consistent. Some were loose some were semi formed. They were a lighter color. One was a little mucus-y. She's a little on the thin side. I assumed she has worms. Ok- that's fine. Easy fix.

Take her to the vet today. Vet says there is nothing wrong with her poop. Nothing at all. WHHHAT?!
Took me by surprise.
Next week I gotta go get her vaccinations. I'm going to go to my regular vet and see what he says.

Any ideas?

She's eating the same food as before. Her appetite is great. She's drinking. Playing. Sleeping.

Maybe it's the stress of being in a new place, but this seems extremely excessive to me.
I'm going to feed her 3 smaller meals rather than 2 bigger ones to see if that'd help.

Anything else I can do?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi. I love Frenchies! You must post a picture of her!

Sounds like she has worms and maybe coccidia. Both are easy enough to treat. You can get Nemex 2 from most pet supply places. Treat her with Albon for the coccidia. Albon is also great for any bacterial enteritis and it will work within an hour or 2 of giving it to her. I always keep this on hand.

I would hold off on any vaccine's and flea/tick treatments till you get her stool straightened out.

What are you feeding her? How old is she? When was her last vaccination? How many vaccinations has she had?

Good luck with her! Such a great breed! :rockon:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was thinking either worms or coccidia as well, how old is she? Puppies tend to go A LOT, they don't have control over their bowels until they are around 16wks old so it's not uncommon for them to go frequently but lighter colored stools and mucus indicates something else is going on. It could be as simple as change in living arrangements, diet etc. Did your vet do a fecal exam?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts