Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the animal shelter posted a dog that I’m very interested in. I just need a opinion on how big do you think she’ll get? And if she would be okay in a apartment? I’ve had a pomsky before and I know she needed a lot of exercise which is okay because I’m active. But I just need a opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Size doesn't really correlate with anything other than size. It doesn't predict the more important characteristics such as energy level, noise level, and reactivity level. I would guess this dog will be at least medium size, likely above small dog weight limits. But that doesn't tell us how it will act.

When you get a puppy from a shelter, you're really taking a gamble on adult energy level and characteristics. If you're in an apartment, alarm barking, general tendency towards vocalization (ex, in communication and excitement), energy level, natural tendency towards destructiveness, are all important. Meeting the puppy will tell you how she acts in that isolated situations, and interacting across many different meetings will help form a more coherent picture, but those are traits that will sway back and forth as a dog matures and don't solidify until adulthood.

If you're ready to deal with the possibility of a high energy, vocal, potentially destructive dog go for it. If you have more specific ideas about what you do or don't want then get an adolescent or adult with more solidified behavior traits.

We can make guesses at what breeds might be in this pup, and what behaviors from those breeds are most common, but at the end of the day, it's all guesswork.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts