Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I wanted to thank everyone for your advice with some puppy pictures. Pal the poodle mix is doing awesome at potty training (only one accident in five days), although I need to work on taking him to a consistent spot and remembering to grab treats on my way out at 3AM. :)

He also is great at sit and come (when I have his attention). We just started clicker training today and he's catching on pretty quickly. He's starting to offer sit whenever I have something he wants, which is cool. He got his first kong yesterday (just kibble) and hopped all around it trying to figure out what to do. He's a champ at letting me comb through his (SO SOFT) hair and would rather be near us than do nearly anything else. He is much more motivated by praise and play than by any of the treats I have tried, so that threw me off a little but we're rolling with it. Maybe I just haven't found the right treats?

He's so perfect, and I'm so in love!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Oh my goodness! He's a cutie. He's a fluffy one too. Love it! Enjoy your new family member <3

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
He is much more motivated by praise and play than by any of the treats I have tried, so that threw me off a little but we're rolling with it. Maybe I just haven't found the right treats?
I LOVE toy motivated dogs. Like seriously, it is the best.

He is SO cute!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I LOVE toy motivated dogs. Like seriously, it is the best.
Do you have any good resources I could take a look at? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do any real shaping when he gets so distracted by the toy I give him access to. Food motivated dogs seem to have an easier time staying attentive... And how do I make the clicker more meaningful for him, since so far it's just associated with the treats he only kind of cares about?
Haha that was a lot of questions. Let me know if I should just make a new thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts