Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Hattie, and in 7 days time I will be the best friend to a little girl called Rosie! Her dad is an ESS and her mam is a Miniature Poodle. So basically she is going to be bonkers and so high maintenance! But I will love every minute!
We just lost the family Border Collie. I've never felt heartbreak like it. He had pelvic cancer and it was totally unexpected. The poor old lad just got on with it - the only symptom was constipation. After his diagnosis we had him put to sleep the next day, by recommendation of the vet. It was so sudden. He was old - 13 - but I still thought my heart was going to physically break into a million pieces. I couldn't eat or sleep, all I could do was sob my heart out. But meeting Rosie on Thursday has really got me back on my feet.
It feels like a lifetime ago that Marley was a puppy and I am honestly so nervous. I feel like I'm expecting a human baby with all the nerves, the researching, the "oh no I'm going to be a bad owner", the excitement, all the preparation!! It's madness.
Anyway I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!! She is so super cute! She was the runt and wasn't expected to survive, yet now she's the most headstrong one of her 7 brothers and sisters!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sorry about your Border Collie. It is always tragic to lose a loved family pet.

Rosie is cute! Let her stay with her mom and litter mates as long as possible. She will learn doggie etiquette and bite inhibition that way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She will be 8 weeks when she leaves her littermates, the litter was unexpected (they didn't know about the puppies until they were born) and they want to get rid of the puppies immediately - I have no say unfortunately lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello Hattie!

First of all I am very sorry to hear about your Border Collie. Losing a dear friend and family member is always tough. Second of all big congratulations on your new puppy Rosie! Getting a new puppy is the most exciting, exhausting and beautiful thing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts