1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Boxer/Catahoula Leopard Dog​

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
depends on were you live. some breeds (like the catahoula) are only common in certain areas of the world.
If it's from spain I'd say bardino mix.

Reactions: TruckersMom

·
Registered
531 Posts
A Boxer/Catahoula, mix of two drop-eared dogs, would be very unlikely to have upright ears like that. I'd guess some kind of bully mix first.

Reactions: TruckersMom

·
Registered
917 Posts
She is cute, I love brindle dogs. Do you have a side shot of her?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Shepherd/Cur

Here muzzle to head ration and stop to me are screaming I am part Cur (thinking Mountain based on Brindle and size). Which leaves me to have to guess on her other breed.

The shape of her ears make me want to say some type of Shepherd (maybe Dutch based on white markings).

Not the right colors but an example of a Cur/Shepherd Mix:

Information About Dogs: How to Identify a Mountain Cur

I really don't think she has any Bully Breed in her after seeing these other pictures. Cur mixes often get mistaken for Bully Breed mixes due to the square muzzle and broad stance.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I can see cur mix with the pictures TruckersMom posted. Do you know where she came from? I don't really see boxer, I'm guessing they said that based on color. She looks like she has something a bit more fine boned. But it's hard to say without a pic of her standing. Does she have a trim build? Or is she more stocky? Maybe a lurcher mix.

·
Registered
880 Posts
@annageckos I am not sure about Cur with what, I was just going with the only stand up big eared breed I knew that could end up looking right :)

At this point I am at Cur x (I do think that Cur/Shepherd might end up to big).

·
Registered
917 Posts
This dog to me, looks like a definition mutt. No clear breed stands out. I don't know, maybe there is something I'm not seeing, I'd just call her a Heinz 57 mutt.

·
Registered
880 Posts
@annageckos Cur is like the "purebred" hunter's mutt of the south :) they through a little of this in and a little of that in (it is all about the good hunting dog for the most part).

·
Registered
917 Posts
I know a cur is a 'purebred' hunting dog. I don't know how strict people are with their breeding. I've never seen them in person and while I can kinda see that look in this dog I think it is more of a Heinz 57 mix. Maybe I just suck at trying to get my thoughts across in text.

·
Registered
880 Posts
@annageckos that's what I was trying to say I guess was that a lot of the times the breeding gets really lax. I know I suck at getting my thoughts into words :)

I defiantly don't think pure Cur just I could see a little Cur plus a little this and a little that so I agree ultimately adorable Heinz 57.

Reactions: annageckos

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@annageckos she is definitely more lean. broad through the chest but skinny legs. here's another standing photo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
last week we were all in tears because we found a photo of her mom from the shelter...she is a white pup (they called her a shepherd) with all brown/brindle babies :)

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts