Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

I have a 10-week old chihuahua puppy. I have also had a beagle, a pug, and a rat terrier, but this is the first puppy I've had on my own. The rat terrier was an adult I got from a rescue - and now that I have a puppy again, I see the advantages of that, LOL. Hope to get some advice and just chat about dogs here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My advice is that once you get the necessary vaccinations, SOCIALIZE! My current dog was the first dog I had as a puppy and unfortunately I didn't socialize her enough (she is a border collie and so it is part of the breed to be slightly timid, but it is my fault for not socializing her). Take her to the pet stores, take her on car rides, bring her to parks where she can meet lots of people and other friendly dogs. The more you can socialize her at an early age, the better.

Also, start training, in whatever way you plan on doing, as soon as possible. Don't make it a rigorous training program, but start spending 5 minutes a day, two times a day, postively teaching your puppy the basics.

The main thing to remember is that now is the easiest time to establish and to break habits.

Good luck with your puppy :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.