Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
You'd think this would be common sense...but as I scan through the threads in the health forum I feel it needs to be said. Especially after that "my dog was shot what do I do" thread.

Please don't ask questions if you are only looking for an emergency diagnosis from us
. If you feel you urgently need an answer that can't wait until tomorrow...then its probably an emergency.

We are not vets, and even if we were it would be seriously reckless for us to give out advice over the internet without seeing the dog in person.

If you can't get to a vet or your vet is closed...CALL ANY VET SOM'WHERE. Call the moon if you need to. Explain to them you need help and you are too far away. If they wont/can't help you go down the list and call another vet. You will eventually get som'one that will/can help you. There is a vet open som'where in the country 24/7 if you have the internet you can find a vet that is open to call.

This forum is a great resource for discussing health issues that have already been diagnosed by your vet. Once your dog has been seen in person, by a pro its a whole different ball game and we'd love to help you troubleshoot. :)

If you are ever ever feel your dog might be in serious trouble (or even if your unsure) a call to a vet can never hurt... and a trip to the Emergency vet might just save your furkid.

Keep in mind the position of the established members on this forum, what if we say your dog is "probably fine, skip the vet and save som' $$$" and we are wrong and your dog dies?

So yes, when in doubt...see a vet. :)

oh yah, and we demand followups!

Posting "oh my god my dog is bleeding out of every pore and is purple and green!" and then never returning to update us is very frustrating. Please be kind and not keep us hangin!

Also, members shouldn't even have to be said, but we will remove any ''advice'' that we deem potentially dangerous to follow, illegal, etc.
Thanks

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
Reminder folks, Fundraising for vet funds (or any funds!) on the forum ARE PROHIBITED. If you see someone violating this rule, please Report it and don't comment on it. We will remove it asap. The rules are listed in the Rules subforum if anyone needs a refresher! Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.