Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member but long-time dog lover from NZ.
I currently have two rescue dogs of indeterminate breed - one,called Pip, is a possible whippet, foxy mix and the other, named RJ, was rescued from a farm and think he's a farm dog/pig dog mix. Both were adopted at the same time from SPCA Taupo.
Pip is about 7-8 years old and loves people but, unfortunately is fear reactive to other dogs.
RJ is about 5 and loves other dogs but due to his sheltered life up until he was about 3 years old can be quite nervous around new things.
Both have relaxed and improved hugely in the couple of years that they've lived with us. I use Dog Zen approach for training and have also used a a local dog trainer to help with Pip's reactive issues.
They are super sweet and much loved.

·
Banned
283 Posts
New member but long-time dog lover from NZ.
I currently have two rescue dogs of indeterminate breed - one,called Pip, is a possible whippet, foxy mix and the other, named RJ, was rescued from a farm and think he's a farm dog/pig dog mix. Both were adopted at the same time from SPCA Taupo.
Pip is about 7-8 years old and loves people but, unfortunately is fear reactive to other dogs.
RJ is about 5 and loves other dogs but due to his sheltered life up until he was about 3 years old can be quite nervous around new things.
Both have relaxed and improved hugely in the couple of years that they've lived with us. I use Dog Zen approach for training and have also used a a local dog trainer to help with Pip's reactive issues.
They are super sweet and much loved.
Hi and welcome from me. We are antipodeans.

Good that your dogs are rescues and seem to be gaining in confidence under your care.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hii! :) Welcome. I am new around here too, glad to hear you made efforts to help your pups with their reactivity and nervousness. You should post some pictures of them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts