Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Tammie. I have two female Shih Tzu named Gracie and Honey. They are both 6 years old. Gracie is black and white and 12 lbs. Honey is kind of a light redish color and she is about 7 lbs. They are the sweetest little dogs and I love them to death!

I just adopted Honey. She came from a breeder that was retiring her. She was content to keep Honey but I had contacted her and was interested in an adult dog. She met me, liked me and let me take Honey home! I've had Honey for less than a week.

Gracie I adopted from Animal Services so I call her my pound puppy! She was about 2 years old when I got her. She was in bad shape. Her tail was matted to her back and she had mats hanging off her ears to the ground. But she's a spoiled princess now!

I've had bigger dogs and small dogs, over the years and I love them all! But these small Shih Tzu have just tugged at my heart strings!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Welcome to the forum! So glad you could join! : )

That's so awesome that you took in both a shelter dog and a retiree. Both great ways to get great dogs.
I volunteer at our local shelter and we actually have a Shih Tzu in right now. He's a little matted and dirty, but he's a sweet little guy too, so I can see why they would win you over. : )

Feel free to ask questions, share stories and photos, and make comments. Hope to see you around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts