Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
North Carolina family here and new to DogForum. We are picking up our Wirehaired Pointing Griffon puppy in less than 2 weeks and are hoping to get some tips and tricks from other pet owners here. He will be 8 weeks old are we can't wait to bring Buxton home!

Our family has had dogs in the past but it has been a few years since our last pup. For the past year we have been considering and searching for our new family addition. We started with the shelters but as many know, finding a puppy in shelter or rescue is very difficult. We have been steadfast in our desire for a puppy since we do have a 5 year old son and trying to limited any unknown issues/concerns that come with adopting an older dog.

After months of searching, we decided to shift our search to breeders as that has proven to be a more direct path to getting a puppy. This lead me to search for specific breeds since we are looking at AKC registered puppies. After considering many breeds, we decided that the Wirehaired Pointing Griffon would be a good fit for our family based on breed traits as our family is very active outdoors and my wife is a stay at home mom. Yes, these are pointers/hunting dogs and I do intend to give him every outlet we can as we spend a lot time out in the country on family land hunting, camping ( travel trailer), and exploring the woods.

Looking forward to sharing and learning as we train and love our new pup!

Puppy Buxton @ 6 Weeks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts