Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am a lurker but I thought I would introduce myself since we are becoming foster parents for our local humane society. We could have sick and injured or dogs with behavioral issues. We will receive training for behavior and other things but I will likely be posting here as well for some tips.

We have our own dogs. One is a cockerpoo, about 25lbs or so named Dexter and a shepherd/border collie mix who is about 65lbs and her name is Abby.

Here is a bad pic of Abby.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all and having engaging conversations on this forum.

Cheers

·
Registered
893 Posts
Welcome! It's great that you will be fostering. It is very rewarding yet so hard to let some of them go. Kudos for your determination to make such an impact in a dog's life, you won't be disappointed. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I know giving some of them back will be really tough. I see many tears in my future!

We are also taking in other animals, reptiles and snakes, small mammals. Should be fun to have a zoo but be able to help them recover and become adoptable. I'll be sure to share stories and pics when we can. So,e cases are private and we are not able to share pics.

Anyway, thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well done on doing such a rewarding thing. You are obviously such a lover of all animals. Good luck with your new venture and a Happy New Year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome Foshizzle11 from another newbie.....I think fostering is wonderful idea, keep up the great work and Abby looks adorable :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, we can start fostering after we take some mandatory courses. They start next week, I can't wait to get started!

We do I fact have a mini zoo, 2 fish tanks, 2 chameleons and 1 bearded dragon, plus the two dogs. Adding a foster or two will be interesting as well, we can take on all types of animals but I thought I would post about the dogs.

Maybe an on going thread about our experiences would be nice. Anyway, thanks for responding!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.