Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I am just joining the group to learn as much as possible about my Malamute pup and all the joy that goes into raising one of these beautiful creatures. She is an energetic 15 week old female named Indie. In addition, I have a two-year old little girl. So, right now it is a juggling act. We have been doing all we can to get Indie socialized and have her in basic puppy obedience classes/socialization. She was a major biter, but that is getting better by the week (I was beginning to think it would never end). We have our issues (which I will be posting more about in the behavior forum), but we love her and we are keeping a positive attitude and light heart. I've heard you need to keep your humor with this breed and appreciate them for what they are, and that is what I intend to do. I am looking forward to sharing stories and valuable information!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome to the forum! sounds like you have your hands full with the little landshark. Our Borzoi puppy Cora is also very mouthy. She is a little over six months now and has gotten considerably better but we are still working on it as she still has bad days. Those are usually my fault though for not giving her enough exercise that day.

Malamute tend to be self thinkers! eventually you will learn how to trick her into thinking it was her own idea all along.

I found keeping a toy in my pocket and exchanging the toy for whatever limb Cora was attempting to gnaw off worked well while we were teaching the "gentle" command.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi K9Chaos! Thanks for the welcome! I appreciate hearing that others are in the same boat with biting and that it will get better. As I said, she is slowly getting better with that week by week. She is my first Malamute and I have heard that they are quite independent. I kinda like that about em... we'll see if I'm saying the same through her "teenage years." Can't wait to share stories!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.