Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been lurking around the Dog Forum for a while, and I thought I'd introduce myself. I live with two dogs: my girlfriend's dog is a calm, chill, reliable, well behaved, awesome 11 year old female red healer mix. I have a 3 year old male shepherd mix Rexi - big, black, bold, strong and very smart. He didn't get the best start in life, so we're still working on building his confidence, good manners, leash reactivity, calmness and on channeling his high energy and prey drive into productive activities. He has come a long way and I'm excited to see how much more he can learn. I moved to the US from Europe about a year and a half ago, and my dog came with me. We also live with a cat, and we are fortunate that everyone gets along really well.

We do canicross, bikejoring and skijoring, a lot of backpacking and hiking. I started Rexi in mantrailing and absolutely loved it, but that's been on the backburner since the pandemic. I often ask a lot of my dogs, so I also try to give them enough time to relax, have fun, do dog things, and I train through positive reinforcement.

In real life, I'm a teacher/counsellor. I'm also working on my dog training certification, so I've been meeting a lot of different types of dogs lately, and it's been a steep learning curve to say the least. In the forum, I'm especially interested in discussions about working dogs, nosework, dryland sports. I might be able to contribute some personal experience with traveling with dogs, dog sports, backpacking with dogs, building a bond with a dog, dog-dog and dog-cat introductions, clicker training and working through reactivity.

IMG-20210307-WA0075.jpg
20210307_080455.jpg
IMG-20210307-WA0069.jpg
20210301_134143.jpg

·
Administrator
877 Posts
Hi, I've been lurking around the Dog Forum for a while, and I thought I'd introduce myself. I live with two dogs: my girlfriend's dog is a calm, chill, reliable, well behaved, awesome 11 year old female red healer mix. I have a 3 year old male shepherd mix Rexi - big, black, bold, strong and very smart. He didn't get the best start in life, so we're still working on building his confidence, good manners, leash reactivity, calmness and on channeling his high energy and prey drive into productive activities. He has come a long way and I'm excited to see how much more he can learn. I moved to the US from Europe about a year and a half ago, and my dog came with me. We also live with a cat, and we are fortunate that everyone gets along really well.

We do canicross, bikejoring and skijoring, a lot of backpacking and hiking. I started Rexi in mantrailing and absolutely loved it, but that's been on the backburner since the pandemic. I often ask a lot of my dogs, so I also try to give them enough time to relax, have fun, do dog things, and I train through positive reinforcement.

In real life, I'm a teacher/counsellor. I'm also working on my dog training certification, so I've been meeting a lot of different types of dogs lately, and it's been a steep learning curve to say the least. In the forum, I'm especially interested in discussions about working dogs, nosework, dryland sports. I might be able to contribute some personal experience with traveling with dogs, dog sports, backpacking with dogs, building a bond with a dog, dog-dog and dog-cat introductions, clicker training and working through reactivity.

View attachment 250188 View attachment 250189 View attachment 250191 View attachment 250190
Hi. Welcome to the forum. :)

Some lovely pics you have there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts