Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,885 Posts
Hurrah! - go, NASA!

I'm sure the anti-science movement will concoct some explanation for the photos - :p
just as they attempt to explain a flat earth, the "hoax" NASA pulled off in the moon landing, the "controversy" over climate change / global warming, & other factual findings that disturb their antediluvian delusions.

Personally, i think it's terrific! - in the words of one of my fave fictional aliens,
"Better than Dutch apple pie." [extra credit for anyone who recognizes the reference.]

- terry

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too, Voyager 1 is currently 13 billion miles from earth and still sending back data to earth. The visible spectrum cameras were turned off long ago on Voyager 1 to save power but it still sends back other data.

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's amazing that NASA managed to get the backup thrusters working a while back on Voyager 1. The thrusters were sitting on the spacecraft for 37 years unused. That development has enabled them to extend the mission by about 2 to 3 years. Depending on one's definition, Voyager 1 has been in interstellar space for 5 years now. It's no longer being influence as much by the solar winds. Voyager 1 and 2 have been active and going through outer space for 40 years now. One could say the two are the little engines that could. lol

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/voyager-1-fires-up-thrusters-after-37

1 - 6 of 6 Posts