Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a recent recruit so I thought I might offer a little introduction. I'm a retired electrical engineer. When I knew I was going to retire I did two things. Got a dog and a camera. They get me out of the house and walking lots.

We got the dog, a collie, as a rescue a bit over a year ago.We knew there was a bit of a risk in doing that, a leap into the unknown.
But he has turned out to be a gem. A collie.

He is now two years old and has matured into a gentle seventy pound giant. Loves all the local children and they love him. Still a few remaing quirks but we are gradually ironing those out.

Enough.

The beast:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow he's handsome! That's awesome you rescued him, looks like a good fit too. Having dogs and being into photography is just a pair that goes very well together, the different shots that you can capture are endless.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm sorry for posting on your topic, but I just signed up for this forum and I have no clue how to start my own topic. I feel like I've looked everywhere!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great looking animal. You are so blessed to have the dog best noted for intelligence. I rescued a dog 2 years ago (Pikey the Beagle) and he also turned out to be a gem. Any time we pass a Border Collie on our walk, we stop and go over to look at him. You received a big reward for your kindness.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your kind comments.
I've just came back from a walk. The little boy from a couple of doors down loves Max, my dog, and wanted to go with us. So, off we went.

A couple of cautionary notes I give to the kids.
Please be sure your mum or dad knows where you are.
Be careful with dogs. Not all are friendly just because Max is.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow he's handsome!
His best Tux quite suits him...........:)

That's awesome you rescued him, looks like a good fit too. Having dogs and being into photography is just a pair that goes very well together, the different shots that you can capture are endless.
I agree and it doesn't hurt that he is quite photogenic.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Oh wow, it does do him wonders haha
It's very helpful when the dog can pose like yours. He's a beauty!

·
Registered
19 Posts
he's gorgeous! i really like the color pattern on his face, very photogenic indeed.

i want to get into photography as well and my phone camera is not quite enough! which one did you get?

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he's gorgeous! i really like the color pattern on his face, very photogenic indeed.

i want to get into photography as well and my phone camera is not quite enough! which one did you get?
It's a Canon EOS1200.
It was about the bottom of the price range for a digital SLR and it came with a couple of different lenses.

I sometimes get the odd shot.......timing and opportunity.......

He was perfectly fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts