Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there :). My name is Samantha and I am owned by four silly mutts. I frequent other dog forums and pages. So I thought I would check this forum out as well. I love talking "dogs" and reading about others experiences.

I am 27 but have lived with and owned dogs since I was a small child. So I have quite a bit of experience. I have fostered for a few different rescues. Everything from Chihuahuas to Pit Bulls.

A little bit about my own dogs.....

Morrison- he is a 7 year old Lab/Beagle/Basset Hound mix. I have had him since he was 1 1/2 years old. He came from a college student who had posted him on Craigslist. She had been his 3rd home. Morrison is a great dog, very friendly, nearly bomb proof, and just an all around good boy.

Fae- she is a soon to be 4 year old Chihuahua/Yorkie mix. I have had her since she was 6 months old. She came to be from a friends 15 year old sister. The girl had gotten Fae from backyard breeder and then lost interest in her. She was told by her parents that the pup had to go. And so she contacted me (because I am her sisters dog crazy friend).

Fae was not my first experience with toy breed dogs (she is about 5lbs). I fostered a few Chihuahuas and actually grew to really love the breed. And so when I took Fae into my home I just couldn't let her go.

Princess Leia aka Leia- she is a 1 year old Chihuahua/Toy Fox Terrier mix. She was given to me at 14 weeks old by a friend who after finding out she was pregnant with twins, she decided she would need to rehome all but one of her dogs.

Leia is actually the off spring of my friends pure bred Chihuahua and her Toy Fox Terrier. She had actually sold all the other puppies and had been holding Leia for her relative who was in the process of moving. But when that relative backed out she offered the pup to me.

Leia was the tiniest puppy I had ever seen. Not even weighing a pound at 14 weeks. And at nearly 2 years old she is able 3 lbs. But she runs, jumps, hikes, and swims just as well as any larger dog.

And last but not least..

Cosmo-12 week old male Chihuahua/Yorkie/**** Zu mix. Long story short I had planned to get a puppy this spring...But then while browsing craigslist I saw an ad for Chihuahua mix puppies. I clicked the ad and was sold. I made a total impulsive decision and called the number on the ad.

I was informed by the woman selling the pups ($25), that she had rescued my puppies parents and 2 year old sister from her neighbor, who was keeping all three outside in all elements.

When she finally talked her neighbor into giving her the dogs she realized the Chihuahua was pregnant. And the Yorkie/**** Zu male was intact...And so she got the momma dog through her pregnancy.

I have had Cosmo since he was 8 weeks old. And if you know toy breeds, yes that is far younger than prefered. But I work from home. So I was able to keep his blood sugar from dropping by giving him multiple tiny meals through the day and night.

He now at 12 weeks is a strong thriving puppy. His pic is in my avatar ;).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there, Samantha! I'm new here as well. It was so nice reading your posts and introducing your babies! I had fun reading! And Cosmo is so cute!! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.