Dog Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm from North East Ohio and have three dogs: two Rough Collies, Cody 10 yrs; Winston 2 years; and a German Shepard, Bella, 5 years. We live on 8 acres so our dogs have plenty of access to exploring, exercise and much play time. Our dogs have always been healthy, but I felt a little overweight, due to the fact that we always had food out for them, so they could eat at will. The last 4 months we started to feed a specific amount to them, one day feeding one time a day, the other twice a day. It's worked out well; all dogs are good weights, look good, etc. However our Bella (Shepard) doesn't seem to want to eat, and has to be coaxed to do so. It's the same food they ate at will, but we started adding water to the food, thinking this would help, but to no avail. Dishes are placed apart from each other, so no chance of bickering. I took the food away this morning (her twice a day feeding) and decided not to give her anything now till evening. Now I'm feeling guilty. If I stand over her and coax her until she eats it all, she will eat. This isn't what I want. Any ideas?
PS: Haven't changed food

1 - 1 of 1 Posts