Dog Forum banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Happy 4 Weeks Old! Growing fast are these little ones! They are going outside for a few minutes throughout the day now, are eating mash and drinking water well, playing and being awake for longer each day, and exploring everywhere fearlessly! This week will bring about stroller rides, more individual time for each puppy away from the rest, and the beginnings of leash and harness training. The biggest pup so far is Peony, and of course the smallest is little tiny Alder, who might be small, but he rules the pack, lol! This week and next I will be working to evaluate their personalities in more depth as we prepare for the time when I will choose the best pups to meet each family's needs. In two weeks things will get extra busy as families come to meet their babies. Cannot believe how fast time is flying!
View attachment 247415
Love these pictures!! They're all so adorable!🥰

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Happy 5 Weeks Old! Finally our first photoshoot where everyone remained awake for it, haha. I am just loving all these photos, they really do get cuter by the week! While nothing in depth since I am saving that for next week, I did include short personality descriptions for each pup on the photos. Though I already have a solid idea of which pups I will be picking for each family to meet, next week will confirm those, and then families come to meet and pick. Blaze has taken a firm lead in weight gain, and little tiny Alder is starting to catch up. Growing like weeds they are, it's crazy!

April 💗

Alder, 5.3lbs: A mix of calm and sassy, he is so feisty, yet so gentle all in one.

Ashton, 5.15lbs: Adventurous and playful with a needy side.

Blaze, 7.2lbs: Bold and stubborn, always ready to take on the world

Dawn, 6.11lbs: Sweet and playful, the most cuddly pup of the litter, always in my lap.

Javier, 5.15lbs: Mellow and sweet, playful at times, but very laid back.

Owen, 5.8lbs: Laid back and cuddly, he is more needy, loves to cuddle and very gentle.
Owen.JPG

Peony, 6.13lbs: Sweeter than pie always wagging her tail, playful and active.

Reed, 5.10lbs: Low energy, very laid back, but no push over and will tell them if needed.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Happy 6 Weeks Old! I feel like they have grown so much just over a week and look so mature now, it makes me happy and sad all at once... my babies are growing up in a huge hurry. Blaze is the biggest, and little Alder still remains the smallest of the group. As promised, the pup's in depth personality profiles are here, so be sure to check those out! They are officially weaned, and April has begun the first step in her heartworm treatment, being put back on doxy for 30 days. This litter is just amazing, I love all of them so much! Dawn is already adopted by a long time family friend, we have three for sure adoptions to be named once families come to meet, and a likely one pending certain points work out correctly. April is once again looking after the possible fell through due to something that came up for the person and made them unable to adopt. Right now there are 2-3 spots still left on this litter, plus April being available. The remaining pups available after the approved families come to pick will be listed, and from there I am sure those spots will be quickly filled.

Pretty lady April 💗

Alder, 6.7lbs: Sweet, feisty, and sensitive. This guy is sassy and gentle all in one package, on one hand being crazy and wild, and on the other so gentle and quiet. As is typical of the smallest in a litter, they won't take anyone's stuff, and he is no exception! He loves to play, and is extremely aggressive about it, shaking the toys violently like a terrier, he also loves to boss his siblings around when in the mood, but on the flip side, the other part of him is so sweet, gentle, and sensitive, cuddly and glued to people. He is mid level energy. He is all about being held and wants to be wherever you are, he is a people pleaser!

Ashton, 7.7lbs: Outgoing, playful, vocal. He is a very typical hound in that he is vocal, the most so of the group. He talks to you and howls back if you howl, lol. He is extremely outgoing and bright in nature, just an extremely pleasing, upbeat baby! He is a wiggle butt, playful, and quite goofy in moments. He is more needy than most, preferring to follow the leader rather than take it, but still has quite the adventurous nature and loves to get out there and see the world! He is mid to higher energy level (as high as they get, this whole litter is very easy going).

Blaze, 9.1lbs: Bold, goofy, adventurous. Oh my sweet huge eared boy, haha. He is so comical, always making you laugh! He has a very bold nature, is often stubborn and quite headstrong much like his momma, but such a doll, so sweet and outgoing! He is extremely confident in himself and ready to take on the world, wherever that might take him. He leads the litter into everything new, and is always trying to figure out what makes everything work. Mid level energy, he has a lazy side behind all that bold and playful energy and has plenty of moments where he is content to chill on a lap.

Dawn, 8.2lbs: Sweet, cuddly, playful. This girl is such a darling! Always ready for a good cuddle and belly rub at all times, and always wiggling with complete joy every time she sees anyone and everyone! She is extremely playful and outgoing, one of the more bold pups, but a very even, easy temperament without all the stubborn nature. She is mid level energy. She is talkative when she wants to be and will also howl, lol. She is such a funny girl who is just here to have a good time! She has always been, and is still very focused on people and has amazing attention.

Javier, 7lbs: Outgoing, laid-back, playful. This guy with his adorably huge hound ears is such a lover, he is all wiggly and excited whenever he sees people! He has a fun, outgoing nature and always makes you smile with his zest for life. Even though he has playful energy, he is super laid-back and easy going, and is rather good at those adorably tired hound eyes and expressions, lol. He is lower-mid level energy. He expends his energy quickly, and is ready for a nap or cuddle pretty quick. He has a gentle, kind nature to him that is so pleasing.

Owen, 6.10lbs: Sweet, gentle, cuddly. This little guy is just darling, so so sweet and always wanting to cuddle. He has such a gentle soul, and just melts whenever you talk to him, he can't get enough of people. He and his brother Reed are the lowest energy of the litter. He is very laid back and easy going, and while has a bit of puppy energy, is one of the first to fall asleep, always in a lap! He has such a kind nature, and always wants to please!

Peony, 8.8lbs: Sweet, active, goofy. This girl is the biggest wiggle butt there is and absolutely will do anything for attention, she just melts whenever she sees people and will fall over for belly rubs every time! She is just like her momma in that she will whine and carry on out of joy at seeing you, and it's just the most darling thing! She is super playful and outgoing, loving to explore and is one of the more active pups, but also so cuddly and just adores every second of it! She's goofy, tripping over her own feet sometimes and always making one laugh! Mid-high energy level (as high as they get, this whole litter is very easy going).

Reed, 7.3lbs: Laid-back, gentle, quiet. This boy is so easy going, and the lowest energy of the litter. He is super lazy and quiet natured, so gentle. Funny enough though even with that he will absolutely tell them if they try anything that he doesn't like, in that way he is determined and stands on his own four feet so to speak. He is such an easy pup with his go-with-the-flow, easy peasy nature. He enjoys all the pets and cuddles, but is not a clingy pup either. His favorite things in life, besides sleeping, are practicing his sploots, cuddling in laps, and more sleeping... oh wait, I already said that, didn't I? Oh well, he approves this message ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,877 Posts
What happens if April doesn't get adopted straight away? Does she stay with you in foster care for a bit longer, or does she go to a shelter?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
What happens if April doesn't get adopted straight away? Does she stay with you in foster care for a bit longer, or does she go to a shelter?
She would never go to a shelter! I work with a rescue now, so if anything happened she would be moved to another foster home. With that said, for the foreseeable future, she is staying here, hopefully until an adopter is found.

·
Super Moderator
3,745 Posts
@LoveMyFosters I'm sorry for being so 'missing in action." When I get a chance, I'll catch up on your puppies' exploits. They are so precious, and April has to be my favorite "mom" too.

My mother has been hospitalized for the last three weeks. She is not doing well. I'm flying across the country tomorrow to see her. I'm a bit nervous about traveling during this COVID-19 pandemic, but I need to get out there. I hope that I'll be able to re-engage again soon.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
@LoveMyFosters I'm sorry for being so 'missing in action." When I get a chance, I'll catch up on your puppies' exploits. They are so precious, and April has to be my favorite "mom" too.

My mother has been hospitalized for the last three weeks. She is not doing well. I'm flying across the country tomorrow to see her. I'm a bit nervous about traveling during this COVID-19 pandemic, but I need to get out there. I hope that I'll be able to re-engage again soon.
So sorry to hear that!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Sorry for posting this a day late! I have been absolutely crazy busy with puppy families coming pretty much daily all this week, sometimes 2-3 families a day.

Happy 7 Weeks Old! They are growing fast! Blaze remains the biggest, and is over 11lbs now, which is just crazy! Alder still is, and I think always will be the smallest. Dawn, Javier, Owen, Peony, and Reed are all adopted, and one of the three left has an approved family coming to pick this weekend. Everyone is doing so well and I am so proud of how they are all doing with their training! Started out with leash and individual time just around the house and a little out front, now they have upgraded to a higher level of work, and are taking short walks up and down the street with their momma. The confidence and complete joy they show for it all is just the best thing ever, so proud of my fearless little ones who are ready to take the world by storm! Little Owen, who I might add tends to be a bit more on the cautious side, preferring to follow the lead rather than take it, never quit wagging his tail the whole walk and very much wanted to show the way! This is also exposing them to traffic sounds real time since I walk them up to the main road and back, they do so perfectly on leash now, and also doing great with their harnesses. They continue to be fearless with sounds and new items introduced and will walk right up to a running vaccum. Their potty training just gets better and better, I love watching their minds work as they show clear signs they need to go, think about it for a moment, then quickly turn and run outside, just makes me so so proud! They run into their crates when they want fed, are doing amazing with being patient waiting behind a closed door for me to get their food and put it in, and are doing better each day with waiting to be let out, they aren't fussy about it anymore unless the wait is too long, but they have come from freaking out if the door wasn't open directly after, to being able to wait a couple minutes without problems, and most often sit and give eye contact to show me they need out, so I am pleased with their progress. They are all just the most amazing group, I couldn't love them more!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Sorry for posting this a day late! I have been absolutely crazy busy with puppy families coming pretty much daily all this week, sometimes 2-3 families a day.

Happy 7 Weeks Old! They are growing fast! Blaze remains the biggest, and is over 11lbs now, which is just crazy! Alder still is, and I think always will be the smallest. Dawn, Javier, Owen, Peony, and Reed are all adopted, and one of the three left has an approved family coming to pick this weekend. Everyone is doing so well and I am so proud of how they are all doing with their training! Started out with leash and individual time just around the house and a little out front, now they have upgraded to a higher level of work, and are taking short walks up and down the street with their momma. The confidence and complete joy they show for it all is just the best thing ever, so proud of my fearless little ones who are ready to take the world by storm! Little Owen, who I might add tends to be a bit more on the cautious side, preferring to follow the lead rather than take it, never quit wagging his tail the whole walk and very much wanted to show the way! This is also exposing them to traffic sounds real time since I walk them up to the main road and back, they do so perfectly on leash now, and also doing great with their harnesses. They continue to be fearless with sounds and new items introduced and will walk right up to a running vaccum. Their potty training just gets better and better, I love watching their minds work as they show clear signs they need to go, think about it for a moment, then quickly turn and run outside, just makes me so so proud! They run into their crates when they want fed, are doing amazing with being patient waiting behind a closed door for me to get their food and put it in, and are doing better each day with waiting to be let out, they aren't fussy about it anymore unless the wait is too long, but they have come from freaking out if the door wasn't open directly after, to being able to wait a couple minutes without problems, and most often sit and give eye contact to show me they need out, so I am pleased with their progress. They are all just the most amazing group, I couldn't love them more!
View attachment 247616
Hey ashton🙋

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I've been playing catch up on the puppies! I think I am in love with Reed. : ) He sounds like my kind of dog...laid back and easy going.

Thanks for posting all the updates, loved seeing how they've grown. : )
You are doing a wonderful job with them, as always.

Stormy

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
I am so late posting this, ugh, but here it is anyways.

Happy 8 Weeks Old! Cannot believe there will only be one more set of weekly photos after this, it's just crazy to me how fast time has gone, how fast they have grown up. Though it's been two months since they were born, it seems like the blink of an eye to me. Every week you look at them and they have just grown and matured so much from the last one. They have grown into the most confident, fearless pups who just like their mom, love everyone and everything! They go out for walks without their mom now, and absolutely just love every adventure that comes their way, every person or other dog they see they are all overjoyed to be with. It's just the best feeling in the world to see them just as they should be, ready to take on the world and all it has to offer 💗

·
Super Moderator
1,877 Posts
You have done a wonderful job again. You are truly awesome.

Congratulations on giving this little family the best possible start, especially as it looked like it might be shaky before they arrived.

Their new families are so, so lucky to have had you bringing them on. Big congratulations.

161 - 179 of 179 Posts