Dog Forum banner

121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Hi LoveMyFosters,

I wanted to let you know that I've been greatly enjoying your photos and stories. I haven't been posting much as I've been worried about my mom, who's been hospitalized. Thankfully, she appears to be on the mend.

I love that you have four pairs of puppies, and it looks like they suffered no ill effects of the medications you had to give April to save her life. What a happy ending! There are going to be nine very lucky families (puppies plus mom!) One of these days, you're going to be a foster fail!
Sorry to hear about your mom! Hope she continues to get better and recovers quickly!

They really are little miracles, so far all are doing so well, not one issue from the meds. Yep, one of these days, not yet, but one day ;)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
A little post just about April today!

Someone's having a good dream 😂 She does this all the time, more than any dog I have ever seen, and her pups are starting to do it more too, lol. It really is the cutest thing!

April and Anne, still the very best of friends. Those smiles! 😍

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
And just like that, we have eyes! 😍 Little Dawn is first to open her eyes, with her sister Peony following, both opened yesterday, and today the boys are starting to. Looks like the girls are taking the lead in this litter. 1.5 weeks old, though not the first time I have had pups open their eyes that early, it is quite advanced compared to a lot of pups. Their little personalities are starting to come through just a tad, and they are beginning to show the start of play behavior.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
And now, for your puppy spam update. Now that their eyes are opening, a new wave of photos will be coming, so time to clear all these out. The girl's eyes are both completely open, and the boys are now opening. Walking at a week old, eyes open at 1.5, these babies are all about doing everything early! They are starting to potty on their own, so the beginning of house training will soon be upon us, along with sound and item introduction. They have ever so short wakefulness before falling back asleep, and in that time they like to attempt to play just a bit, and will give all the kisses and snuggles when held. This litter gives kisses like crazy, always have, they are going to attack with kisses when older, lol. It's interesting to me that they are so kissy as April is not at all that way, so I guess they must have gotten it from their dad. I just love them all so much!

·
Super Moderator
3,744 Posts
Hi @LoveMyFosters

My mom is getting stronger every day! I am much relieved. Even though it's technically summer vacation, I'm already preparing for my fall classes since they'll be on-line again.

April is such a wonderful mom, and those puppies may be your most well-adjusted yet. It's amazing how much your careful tending to them as well as April's mothering and solid genes have contributed to their quick development.

Thanks so much for the photos and videos!

·
Registered
680 Posts
The pups decided it was time to match everything up, lol. They did this by themselves. For those that have been commenting on the fact, yes she had four sets of twins, it's so cool and since I pair my pups up for walks, and most things, this is going to make my life so easy! I love my little color twins 💗
View attachment 247223
I don't know how this post got seperated from my comment below.:unsure:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Hi @LoveMyFosters

My mom is getting stronger every day! I am much relieved. Even though it's technically summer vacation, I'm already preparing for my fall classes since they'll be on-line again.

April is such a wonderful mom, and those puppies may be your most well-adjusted yet. It's amazing how much your careful tending to them as well as April's mothering and solid genes have contributed to their quick development.

Thanks so much for the photos and videos!
Glad your mom is getting better!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Happy 2 Weeks Old! These little ones are growing quick, and have changed a lot in a week's time. Eyes and ears are open, though they can't see or hear much right now, just a tiny bit. They are walking like 3 week olds, are starting to play, and are having very short wakeful periods after eating. Though not set in any way at this point, their personalities are starting to come through, there are certain traits pups show at this age that most often tell you what they will be like, such as the first pup to play is going to be more active, the pup that stays on momma the longest and is more fussy is most often the one who turns out to be needy, the one that sleeps the most is often calm, and so forth. Like all my pups, if even not a little more so, these guys all love people so much, they love to be held, sleep in laps, and fall over for belly rubs, just soaking up every second. Still waiting to begin potty training as they aren't quite there yet, but sound intro begins today, and soon item intro, and toys will be put in for them in the next short while. I just can't get over how adorable they all are, just the sweetest little babies! Photo of momma April included because she is the best girl ever 😊

Sweet, beautiful momma April! I need not tell you how much I adore her

Ashton, 2.8lbs: Goofy, active. The first of the group to show play behavior, and often the one who stays awake the longest.

Alder, 2.1lbs: Sweet and gentle, sleeps a lot, loves to be close, held and cuddled. Very people focused from the very first moment.

Blaze, 2.11lbs. Very chill, sweet and likes to be close. He is so go with the flow, whatever comes his way, he's good with.

Dawn, 2.11lbs: Playful, but calm. Quiet and sleeps a lot. She loves to be cuddled, very smart little girl already, sits and listens whenever talked to.

Javier, 2.11lbs: Sweet, gentle, and loves to sleep on laps. He's much like his brother Alder right now. He will crawl into laps and then promptly go to sleep.

Owen, 2.11lbs: Playful and silly, but calmer. More on the needy side right now, is often one of the last to come away from the milk bar.

Peony, 2.10lbs: Playful, and more active than most. Loves to play and extremely interested and engaged with the world around her.

Reed, 2.8lbs: The most needy of the bunch, always the last to come away from the milk bar. Very sweet with a playful side. He loves nothing more than to be held.

·
Registered
122 Posts
These little pups just tug my heart strings every time. Our pup comes home tomorrow and I swear today has been going by at snail pace. I hope they all find great forever homes when that time comes, even though I'll miss the pics!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Blaze's face made me laugh... it has kind of a 'grumpy cat' look to it...lol. They all sound like they are so sweet, including mama.

It seems like only a week goes by before I get in here and then I find it's more like 2 to 3 weeks....ugh! I was so surprised to hit the post where they eyes were already opening!

Thanks for the photos and videos. : )

And, SusanLynn, I was sad to read about your mom being in the hospital, but it's good to hear that she's doing better.

Stormy

121 - 140 of 157 Posts