Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as some of you know, a client of mine called me yesterday, said he couldn't handle him anymore since he was biting his daughter, and his wife is due with their second any day now. (Breed research people, do it)

What We Know:
  • Heidi despises him. Not your normal not tolerating rudeness. She is actively seeking him out to snap at him. So that's a problem.
  • He greatly prefers men over women. If he's being naughty and I try to grab his collar to remove him, he bites me. My husband can move him no problem.
  • I don't think he knows his name.
  • He doesn't know any obedience cues.
  • He's very good with dogs.
  • He is not very food motivated.
  • He screams like a banshee in his crate.
  • He is a counter surfer.
  • He isn't neutered, and he humps.

All in all, I doubt I will be able to keep him very long. Heidi is extremely unhappy with him here, as she obviously gets priority.

Today my plan is to call some rescues, and also his breeder to see if they want him back/know someone looking for an older puppy.

I'm super annoyed. He was a very sweet puppy who is now needs a ton of retraining because they didn't keep up with it. It drives me bonkers.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Cute guy. Too bad about all of the retraining
Breed research do it, good line
I have some folks IRL getting dogs that are completely bad fits for their lifestyles
If they would google for 5 minutes!
Why oh why
Good luck with him, I hope he finds the right home

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@KateBren - It is too bad. He will be an amazing dog for someone, but it's going to take some work.
@Aspen726 - I don't have a lot of hope. The owners said they e-mailed and he never answered, but we will see I suppose.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Aspen726 - My husband just feels bad for him. Although he's not the one getting bit in the arms every time he touches him. Now he's going to be labelled as this insane dog, when really he just has no idea what he's supposed to do with himself.

This is a side of Heidi I've never seen. She's normally a jerk for 5-10 minutes while she lets everyone know who is in charge, and then is VERY happy to run and chase. She's alternating between chasing him down and snarling/snapping, and disappearing to hide in the house, which is not like her at all. It is sad.

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
@Shandula oh man! So sad all around! The poor dog probably has so much pent up anxiety, he doesn't know what to do with himself. I wonder if that anxiety is stressing Heidi out? Man, what a tough situation! Some breeders should really restrict who they sell to!

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Aspen726 - Exactly. I feel like he has been cooped up for 6 months, and now he's just a mess.

I will say Heidi WILL run outside with him. And they play okay outdoors, although it doesn't take much for her to turn into a nut job with him. So today, we are spending the day outdoors. I am writing this from my deck. :p

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Aspen726 - Well, I don't think the breeder will be of too much help. This is the e-mail I just received from them:

"Thanks for contacting us.

We have gone through our records, and it is not possible that the pup is from us, judging from the information you gave us. If you could tell us the people's name, we could be sure. From your email address, it shows you are from Kingston. We did not place a pup with anyone in that area, and not with anyone with a toddler.

It is also highly unlikely that any of our customers would not know exactly when their pup was born (we give them all that information) and also we highly screen prospective customers and would not place a pup into a home that would get rid of an expensive pup in such a way. We seek high commitment in our customers and they are instructed to contact us if they are having any issues or need to re-home the pup.

If you do surrender the pup, we ask that you do not say he is from us because there is no proof he is."

The people gave me a document from this breeder talking about potty training, crate training etc.

So I responded:

"The people are from Windsor (where I live now). They believe he was born February 27th. I'm not sure where how they got him then. They told me they got him from the breeder, and the papers they gave me include a document from [Breeder Name] about how to get started with your pup (Potty training, crate training etc.). I don't know the wife's name, as I've only dealt with the husband, but his name is [Client Name]. They also told me they contacted you multiple times trying to return him, so maybe they've duped me as well. The puppy is a black and white rough coat puppy, and is traditionally marked. They named him Banx, not sure if they would have mentioned that. I've attached a picture I just took of him.
If you could double check your records I would really appreciate it. "

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
@Shandula OMG! Did you send them the documents that have their name? Do you think the docs are falsified? Whoa! This is crazy!

I almost believe them because it's in their best interest to take the dog back and not have it circulating. They obviously know they give docs with their name on it... so odd!

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Aspen726 - The whole thing is just getting crazy. All I know is I'm not keeping this dog, and he needs someone who is going to help him.

Reactions: TruckersMom

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Aspen726 - I've e-mailed a bunch (like 5?) and also messaged a couple on Facebook. So far nada.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@Aspen726 - UPDATE! Breeder just e-mailed me back and says he is theirs and they want to take him back!

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh good! Weird but good! Are they near you?
They are about 2.5 hours away. I asked if we could meet half way or so, so it would be easier on everyone.

Reactions: Aspen726
1 - 20 of 28 Posts