Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say hello to the newest additions, Rain, (black&tan) and Cloud, (tri color)! Both are girls. Just picked these little cuties up about an hour ago. Poor things are all tuckered out! They are about 10-12 weeks old and we believe them to be Rat Terrier/Min Pin mixes. Another believed case of being dumped. They were found out in the middle of nowhere by a farmer, then came to the pound, then came to us. They are super sweet and adorable. Very small too, probably won't get bigger than 20lbs.

Rain:

Cloud:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Sweet puppies!!!! Bet you'll have no problems finding these cuties good homes! Love the little Blk & Tan!

Reactions: LoveMyFosters

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, they have been posted. Probably will be gone by Wednesday.

First full day finds these little darlings full of life and happy as can be! Found out that they are house trained too, or at least as house trained as puppies can be. When I came in this morning they hadn't gone potty on their paper at all, then to my amazement they went running to the door and starting scratching on it. I let them out and only then did they do their business. The fact that they held it all night even when they could have gone tells me better than anything else that they are indeed house trained. With such bladder control, I would say they are older than first thought, 10 or 12 week old puppies don't have that kind of control. I am now thinking they are probably 3-4 months. They are amazing little things for sure and just crazy! They never sit still when awake, always going everywhere all at once, lol. Love these little ones, they are a pleasure to have!

Reactions: timber

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A heartwarming story and more puppy pictures, what could be better? :D Also, the pups have been pulled to rescue and will be leaving Thursday. I'm going to miss these girls!

I was out in the yard this evening letting the pups have a good romp before bed time and Anne was out there, then something amazing happened! Anne's mother, Molly sadly passed away about 6 months ago, they were very close. Ever since Molly's passing, Anne stopped playing. When Molly was alive she would play with her and did enjoy a game of fetch with me every once in awhile. Anne is a very nervous dog, never liked being with other dogs and has never shown interest in our other fosters, Molly was special to her. Then this evening, to my great amazement, Anne actually begun to play with the puppies! I couldn't believe what I was watching, but there she was, running full speed around the yard with the pups chasing, then she stopped, lie down in the grass and let the pups chew on her, (this has always been an absolute no no for her, she hated it when puppies would try to play with her and would try to run away). Not only that but she also went wild over a rope toy I had for the pups to play with. She was romping around and playing with them like a pup, enjoying every minute, as were the little ones. It was truly an amazing and heartwarming thing to see!

Anne:

Rain is trying to kill me! Who can resist this face? Cannot keep puppy, cannot keep puppy, lol. I am soo in love with these girls, even though that happens with every foster, these are something special, (probably because they are small breed puppies and I love small dogs). Still won't be keeping though. If I do end up keeping a foster pup it will most likely be from a litter I birth and raise.

These girls are just pure joy! They are easy to care for and a ton of fun to have around, love them!

Reactions: timber
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.