Dog Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Poor baby! He'll be back to health in no time. I've heard people swear by raw goat's milk for these types of cases.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Poor baby! He'll be back to health in no time. I've heard people swear by raw goat's milk for these types of cases.
omg he is so friggin sweet, he's got to be so uncomfortable and all he wants to do is snuggle and be loved on. His tail doesn't stop wagging.

Some updated video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p1QsLnSUyc

Never heard of the goatmilk thing but we have had a lot of success with bravecto and medicated baths for soothing the skin. Here are some of the furbabies that have gotten better with this treatment:

http://www.dogforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
I know she doesn't frequent here much anymore, but @AmandaNola recently brought a dog back from pretty horrible conditions that had mange. I wonder if she has any other secrets that help.

Looks like you've done a great job though on the others!

Reactions: sullyrules

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
I really enjoyed watching the video of you, your daughter, and your dogs. Thanks for sharing your updates. Darby's going to make a great family dog.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really enjoyed watching the video of you, your daughter, and your dogs. Thanks for sharing your updates. Darby's going to make a great family dog.
He really makes me laugh, he does this little gallop in place with his head sticking straight up that is hysterical, im looking forward to continuing doing updates on him, especially as he learns some basic rules of being dog :)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey all, sad news about Darby. He had to have emergency surgery to save his life after waking up in tremendous pain a few days ago. No word yet on exact cause, just being told it was an "intestinal infection". I made a video to help the rescue we work with to cover the expenses of surgery and recovery. Please share it around so I can make sure that my boy makes it back to me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well he has been, slowly but surely, improving every day. The vet is aiming to take him to his "halfway house" tomorrow where he will continue on IV fluids for however long he needs them, then he will be back to us. I'm just so happy that he survived and is getting better, he has a special place in my heart

·
Registered
256 Posts
What a beautiful guy!

Good job, it's really remarkable.
Thank you for what you're doing!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts